EBC or more formally know as EBC Sales Pipeline is a company which offers B2B (Business to Business) lead generation and appointment setting for the IT Industry. It is a woman-owned company which began in 1994 with Patty Schulze as the Founder & CEO and Jennifer Rutledge and Abbey Moore as Vice Presidents.
EBC offers work-at-home positions for agents who are willing to train to conduct these B2B lead generation calls and set the appointments. This would be an independent contractor or IC position.
What do remote agents do at EBC?
Using either your own landline or VoIP phone, you will be cold calling prospects from approved industry-specific directories or lists. The purpose of your outbound call is to generate both a good sales lead and a scheduled appointment for the sales team to introduce their product. All of these calls are B2B with no residential calling.
It is important to emphasize that this is not a customer service type position, but a lead generating position with daily quotas set by the client. You will also be recording and editing all data related to the calls and appointments on an Excel spreadsheet. You must also be comfortable with cold calling.
What are the equipment requirements to work for EBC?
- High-speed Internet and either Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista.
- Either a PC or laptop is fine as long as it is hardwired.
- You will be using Word and Excel and need to be proficient in them.
- A landline or VoIP phone can be used. Google Voice or any other approved VoIP can be used.
- If you do use a landline phone it should NOT have any added features such as call forwarding, call waiting, and voice mail.
- You will need unlimited long distance for whichever type of phone you use.
During your interview you should mention your type of phone to the recruiter, because there is an approved list of VoIP phones. They are flexible with this. You might also want to mention the email program that you plan to use if you do not want to use Microsoft Outlook Express.
Noise-canceling headsets should be worn with the phone you use, and you should be working from a quiet home office.
What are the other qualifications will you need to be considered?
- Call center B2B experience preferred
- Previous sales closing experience preferred
- Confidence to ask detailed questions and have meaningful conversations with prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good personable demeanor
- Ability to use approved webmail or Microsoft Outlook Express to communicate
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision with a good work ethic
What are the workday and schedule like at EBC?
The hours are from 7 a.m to 7 p.m. Central Time (CST) with a workday being 3 to 6 hours a day. EBC believes that working too many hours a day can lead to burn out. A work week would be 20 to 30 hours depending upon the clients’ expectations. This is a part-time position.
What is the pay and pay schedule like at EBC?
Payment is $10 an hour, and agents are paid via direct deposit on the 15th and last day of the month. This would make payment bi-weekly.
My overall impression of EBC?
I have heard a lot of good things about EBC from agents that I have met and in correspondence with the company itself. Many agents enjoy the work, and many agents work it around other WAH (Work-At-Home) jobs, families, and commitments.
From what I am learning, is that there is very little agent turnover with the average agent having been there for four years. I’d say if you are looking for a part-time WAH job and are comfortable with cold calling, give it a try.
How can you apply to EBC?
There are also a few threads about EBC on WorkPlaceLikeHome.com if you’d like to follow the discussions there. Just go there and type “ebcsalespipeline” in the search engine field.
Good luck to all who apply.