On to day 6 of the Blogging 101 Series- Adding your Purchased Domain name to your blogspot (blogger) account. In total we will have 30 days worth of posts that will walk you through creating a blog on both Blogger and WordPress (You Choose). Once all 30 posts have been published we can all meet together online and discuss/ask any questions.
Today I will give you basic instructions to setting up your domain name. If you bought a GoDaddy Domain Name as I suggested in a previous blog post then you need to connect it to your blogger account and begin using it!
Log Into your Blogger Account
- Click on the Blog Name to access your Dashboard.
- Choose the Settings Tab in the left column of options
- Look for the Blog Address Section for the link titled “Add a Custom Domain” written in blue text
- Switch to the Additional Setting Link because you have already bought a Domain from GoDaddy
- Click on the “Settings Instructions” link in blue
- Select the “Host my Blog on a URL that I already own” radio button
- Mark that YES your URL is hosted on GoDaddy
I will let Blogger take it from here…
Follow the Tutorial that will show you the steps to Redirecting your GoDaddy URL to Blogspot!
Join Vindale Research, the famous survey site where you earn rewards to share your experiences about how you use the internet.