Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Jump-start your career in our patient account services department and apply today to be a Billing Specialist!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
As a Billing Specialist, you will be responsible for processing claims electronically (or via mail if required) to third party payers, working all billing vendor edits including Medicare Service Center daily unbilled reports, working account delays daily from the hospital bill alert reports and posting correct late charges to accounts.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Resolves claim edits based on documented processes in the electronic billing system
- Communicates edit trends to Team Lead/Manager/Director
- Reviews unreleased claims daily in order to resolve and release to the payer
- Resolves requests in all designated billing queues in eRequest and CRT daily
- Completes secondary claim releases daily
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
- Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills – demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare.
Certificates/License – N/A
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=2129150&src=JB-11444 →