KGB.com is another question answer site. They are based out of New York and also hire agents from a variety of European countries as well as Canada. I just did a review of 63336, a reported partner of KGB. Also, similar to KBG and 63336 is ChaCha. KGB is a company you have probably heard about before. Rather as a work at home option or from their popular commercials, as you can see on on their site here. As an agent for KGB you can help find answers to questions being asked by people through their text messaging services.
What KGB Agents Do
There is more than one role at KGB, this review will focus on the ‘Special Agent’ position, as it is the most popular and is also currently open. KGB Special Agents receive texts questions from users who send an inquiry to 542542. The agent then uses the resources given to find the best answer possible. All of the searching and answering is done online.
Requirements of US KGB Agents
* Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
* Must have a U.S. Social Security number or other taxpayer ID number
* Must provide a U.S. bank account so we can direct deposit your payment
* Must have a U.S. mailing address
* Must agree to work as an Independent Contractor
* Cannot already be employed by kgb or any of its subsidiaries
* Must have access to a computer with a high-speed internet connection and Mozilla Firefox web browser
* Skilled Internet researcher
* Ability to quickly identify keywords
* Excellent grammar and spelling
* Fast and accurate typing
* Enthusiastic, passionate, creative, clever, curious, and dedicated
How KGB Pays
Compensation is “per piece” and is based on response type:
* $0.10 (USD) for each full response – query is investigated and answered by the Special Agent
* $0.05 (USD) for each validation response – answer automatically populates from our Knowledge Database and is forwarded on by the Special Agent
The Flexibility of KGB
Agents at KGB sign up for the shifts they desire with a schedule open 24/7. Agents are able to choose their own schedule. However, KGB does release agents who do not work within a 30 day span.
Join Vindale Research, the famous survey site where you earn rewards to share your experiences about how you use the internet.
What Others Say About KGB
- Glassdoor.com reviewers say KGB is an ‘Okay’ place to work- Learn More Here
- A GREAT insight to KGB by current agents at WAHM.com Forums
- There is a thread at Mothering.com where some nice comparisons are made between KGB and ChaCha
My Experience at KGB
I believe it was in 2009 when KGB went mobile. Originally KGB had mentioned paying agents the 25 cents that ChaCha had just taken from us (they dropped it to 10/20 cents). The frustration with ChaCha lowering their pay turned many frustrated ChaCha agents to apply for KGB when they opened. I applied, passed their test and was offered a position. However, at that time they had a requirement of something around 6 hours a week scheduled. Also, the pay did not turn out to be any better than ChaCha. I enjoyed my freedom to come and go and work as I please at ChaCha and I was not sure I could fit in the time at KGB with my other work at LiveOps. Therefore I turned down KGB. I have never regretted it. I still prefer ChaCha.
How to Apply for KGB
KGB seeks agents from various countries around the world. To apply, visit the Careers Page at KGB.com and choose your country for the correct application process.