Do you need a non-phone, work-at-home (WAH) job?
Do you enjoy surfing the Internet?
Do you have an eye for awkwardly written online ads?
Then ZeroChaos would like to hear from you. Their Ads Quality Rater position just might be the right WAH job for you!
What Exactly is ZeroChaos?
ZeroChaos is a full-service provider of workforce solutions including accounting, administration, program management, marketing, and business development. Among those services is a need for businesses to advertise via Google Ads to improve their rankings. However, not all ads are well written or bring in the desired result, i.e., a higher Google ranking. This is where you would come in.
Join Vindale Research, the famous survey site where you earn rewards to share your experiences about how you use the internet.
What Does an Ads Quality Rater Do at ZeroChaos?
Your role as an at-home Ads Quality Rater would be to use their online tool to help improve the accuracy and relevancy of the ads. You will be reviewing ads in different languages including English. You will only be able to work under one language once you apply.
All work is performed from home on a flexible part-time schedule on your computer. Being able to follow written instructions is a huge part of being able to work from home for ZeroChaos.
What Are the Hours and Pay at ZeroChaos?
The best part is the hours are flexible, and you can log in whenever you want. However, you will need to provide between 10 to 30 hours a week without going into overtime. The pay is $15 an hour, and you are considered a part-time employee of ZeroChaos. You must own your own computer and have high-speed Internet. Training is provided, which is also paid.
The only drawback is that you can only work for two years as an Ads Quality Rater. Most raters work one year then take a few month’s break and then work another year. Also, up to 5% of the ads may involve adult content, but you are allowed to opt-out of those.
When is PayDay at ZeroChaos?
Payday is done via direct deposit or PayPal every two weeks.
Are You an Independent Contractor or an Employee at ZeroChaos?
As mentioned earlier, you are a part-time employee at ZeroChaos. Once you are accepted, they will send you the W-2 forms.
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need to Work at ZeroChaos?
You will need the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent degree is preferred, but experience is also considered
- ability to comprehend newspaper-level text quickly without a dictionary
- valid US work authorization
- ability to interpret both the content and tone of colloquialisms, regionalisms, and other subtleties
- detect when advertising language sounds funny, awkward, or unnatural
- extensive experience (as a user/consumer) of the Internet and print culture
- high-speed, secure, and private Internet connection
- ability to read and write in fluent English
What is My Overall Impression ZeroChaos?
I would have to say that it would be ideal for someone who enjoys this type of work. If you love working for companies such as Appen-Butler Hill, Leapforce or Lionbridge–this is probably a good job for you.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to ZeroChaos?
While ZeroChaos does not advertise its WAH position on its web site, it does advertise as needed on Craigslist or Indeed. You would have to have an account with either one of those sites and then do a search for any future jobs. They will request a resume first.
You will try to need to locate them on one of these two sites. Or you can try to apply at http://www.zerochaos.com/careers.php.
Once you attach your resume, you will need to answer the following questions in a cover letter:
- What language are you applying for?
- In the past eight years, have you spent at least a year total living in the country related to the language you’re applying for?
- In the past four years, have you visited the country whose language you will be using?
- How do you keep up to date with the culture related to the language you’re applying for?
- Do you currently hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent?
- Do you currently reside in the US and have legal authorization to work in the US?
- How did you first hear of this position?
Good luck to all who apply in the near future. Yes, there are still positions open for English speaking applicants.