Although you have saved money for retirement over the last several decades, it may not be enough to give you the security you had hoped for. The thought of depleting your savings is probably pretty frightening.
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
When you’re living on a budget, it’s ideal to have a source of additional income. These fifteen ways to make money online after retirement will help keep you from dipping too far into your savings as well as provide a way to keep yourself busy and your mind sharp.
1. Work with NonProfits
After years of working for the man, what better way to earn extra income than to be a part of something great. Non profit agencies like NPR radio, PBS and Charity foundations need operators to be available to accept donations from callers. Companies like ACD Direct provide the training necessary to help you get your own home office set up and ready to build additional income.
2. Become a Usability Tester
Website developers are responsible for making websites that are easy for the visitors to use. That can be difficult to judge from the perspective of the expert who built the site. Therefore, many developers turn to companies like UserTesting to have a variety of regular people use the website and give feedback on their experiences. Most companies pay ten dollars for each review, which generally takes a half hour or less.
3. Offer a Driving Service
Today’s technological advancements have made starting your own cab service super easy. Using online sites like Uber or Lyft, you can begin earning money by giving people rides around your local area.
4. Write eBooks
After years of hobbies and a lifelong career behind you, there are sure to be things you know enough about to put into a book. The great thing about eBooks is that you don’t have to write a full, lengthy, book. Even if you just write a short 20 page book, if it’s filled with information people are wanting, it could sell! Using Amazon to sell your eBook is a great idea!
5. Caption Videos
If you have excellent listening skills and proper grammar is important to you, captioning videos can be a great way to make income online after retirement. Rev.com hires people to watch and listen to videos, then type out what they hear using correct spelling and grammar. Finally, they sync the words to the video using tools provided online. Rev allows you to work whenever you want and there is no schedule to follow.
6. Be a Part of Grassroots Campaigns
If politics interest you, there are work at home jobs that can be done online working for grassroots campaigns. Companies like NextWave Advocacy have campaigns throughout the year and can provide an additional income source for retirees looking to become more involved.
7. Be an Expert in Your Field
As mentioned earlier, there are probably plenty of things you have become an expert at over the years. Your knowledge could be used at sites like About.com where you can become a writer on the topic that matches your proven skill set. There are always dozens of subjects needing new experts, so take a look and see if there is something for you. About.com expert writers make a great income and have a flexible schedule.
8. Sell Photographs
If photography is a hobby you are interested in, you can sell your images through stock photography sites like Shutterstock. You earn a percentage or a set amount for each of your images sold. This is a great way for retirees to use a hobby to strengthen skills while making additional income online.
9. Transcribe Audio Files
Becoming a transcriptionist is a great way to earn money online while maintaining schedule flexibility. If you have excellent english and grammar skills, can type quickly with little errors and your listening skills are on par – transcription could be for you!
10. Enter Phone Orders for As-Seen-On-TV Products
Working from home taking orders for callers who are ordering as-seen-on-tv products requires that you have the ability to set up your own home office. You may need to invest in a headset and a wired phone line to use for your business. But the investment is well worth it as you can work a flexible schedule and earn money from home. Companies like LiveOps and West.com are great places to begin.
11. Start a Blog
If a challenge excites you and you love an audience, starting a blog is a great way to make a passive income. Use your expertise and knowledge to share information on a regular basis. There are plenty of websites and ebooks available online that can walk you through the process of setting up your blog. Once you have developed traffic, you can earn money through advertising, sponsorships and affiliate links. Blogging can require time to build up content and audience, but if you have the patience, it’s worth it!
12. Be an Online Virtual Assistant
Many business owners, bloggers and other professionals need an extra hand. Virtual assistants can provide services online in a variety of ways. If you have some administrative experience or any can offer help in a way that others would find useful online, considering being a virtual assistant after retirement. Companies like Lifebushido, TimeEtc, Zirtual and Fancy Hands hire on a regular basis.
13. Secure Event Tickets
If you have a quick hand, you could earn money by securing tickets to events like concerts through TicketPuller.com.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
14. Join Online Focus Groups
While most online focus groups like 20/20 research cannot provide a steady income, you can certain earn extra money from time to time and get a chance to make an impact on new products.
Read more: 10 Best Paid Online Focus Group Companies
15. Become a Mystery Shopper
Mystery shopping can be a lot of fun. You can earn additional income, receive free meals, groceries, movie theater tickets and more. From companies like Confero, Marketforce to smart phone apps like FieldAgent, there can be a constant stream of work in many locations around the US. The flexibility is great for retirees looking for additional income.
These fifteen ways for retired workers to earn additional money online is just the start of the many ways you could be supplementing your income. There are even more money earning ideas in this recent article that may interest you as well, all of which provide flexible scheduling so you can work in between your hobbies, or your favorite TV shows.
- Real Ways to Earn Money Online: How to Make Money Online Today
- My Five Fave Ways to Earn Money Using the Internet
- 20 Easy Ways to Earn Free PayPal Money Online (Without Surveys!)
- Easy Ways to Make Extra Money When You’re Unemployed
- Top 14 Ways to Earn Money Posting on Forums, No Experience Necessary
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!