My daughter’s kindergarten teacher had regularly intervalled “brain breaks” for her students. I’m not sure if it was for the kids or herself but it’s something we should all be doing. While too many breaks can distract your mind and cause you to lose focus- you need to keep yourself sharp by giving your brain a break once in a while. Everyone is different in how often they should take a brain break but I suggest every couple of hours we stop what we are doing, stand up, shake our legs and complete one or more of these brain break suggestions. (And no- I didn’t include Facebook!!!)
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
After sitting in your office chair for a long period of time your body stiffens up. After you stretch your body, you always feel so much better. This is because stretching helps to take some pressure off your body’s joints that are constantly in use. Can you believe that ‘stretching” those joints sends amazing signals to your brain? In essence, your brain is getting refreshed and rejuvenated.
When your body moves and gets stimulation, it helps to increase the function of your brain in a positive way. Because your brain is getting positive stimulation, you are also helping your body to prevent long term diseases and helping to keep your brain cells from going to waste.
If you’re looking for another excuse to fill that coffee cup then consider the benefits moderate coffee drinkers are known to have. Studies show that small amounts of caffeine may be improving your focus, abstract thinking, memory, productivity and reducing pain.
The next time you need to get up and walk away from the computer monitor- don’t feel guilty about heading back to the coffee pot. However, if you are on your 5th or 6th cup- reconsider! Drinking too much coffee can cause muscle tremors, restlessness, increase blood pressure and make you irritable- not exactly conducive to being a productive telecommuter.
You can actually increase your memory and mental focus by playing games. Brain games that are created to stimulate and challenge you are helping millions of people around the world keep their minds young and fit. I’m sure you have heard of companies like Lumosity where they have personal trainers for your brain! It’s like joining Planet Fitness for your brain.
Completing crossword puzzles, playing chess, solitaire and sudoku games are also great ways to keep your brain mentally challenged and fit.
It’s getting close to time for your next Brain Break!
- Working from Home: 5 Reasons it is Different than You Thought it Would Be
- These 40 Companies Will Hire You to Work from Home Taking Reservations
- 7 Things You Will Hate About Working From Home
- Work at Home, Will Travel: 5 Tips for Taking Your Telecommute Job on the Road
- 11 Best Places You Can Sign Up to Be a Human Guinea Pig for Money
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!