- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
It may seem counterproductive to ever turn away a client when trying to build up your freelancing career. However, there are actually times when it is essential to your business! Use the following cues and tips to help you avoid clients that will most likely end in bitter disaster.
1. The “My Last Freelancer” Client
If your client begins by telling you how horrible their last freelance writer, designer, photographer [insert title here] was- RUN! In 6 weeks they will be talking about YOU.
My experience has proven two things about clients who bad-mouth their previous freelancer so frivolously:
1. They are most likely hard to please. Listen closely to their complaints. If you hear something like “they could never get it right” then I would assume the client has trouble communicating and will blame you.
2. They are drama. The last thing your business likely needs is drama. Stay away.
2. When is the Last Time You Went to the Bathroom Client
Watch out for those clients who feel they need to know your every move. They will often email you several times a day or even call you just to check how things are going. Of course, assuming you are not behind on any deadlines, this is a red flag of a terrible client.
I’ve had clients call on Sunday afternoon just to check-in.
The client is either in desperate need of a life or this is early signs of control freak.
You run your freelance business and people like this can make you feel as though they are running the show. Leave them behind as soon as you can.
3. The Don’t Mix the Peas and Taters Client
Picky Picky Picky. If your client begins with a lot of demanding requests that severely limit your work for them. You may want to consider if this is a client worth taking on. If you do- then be sure you have a good contract that makes it clear how many times you will re-do your work before you begin charging them.
4. The Thinks an Inch is a Yard Client
Some clients are like my 3 year old daughter. They will test your boundaries on everything. It’s hard to get used to being tough but in order to have respect from your client, it is unfortunately a requirement for most freelancers to find success.
If your client is frequently asking you to do things you didn’t already discuss, usually small things that seem too easy to mess with billing over- think twice! Those are the ones who most likely get you to do way more than you originally quoted them for. Either let this client go or stick firm to your initial agreement- which means billing additional, even when it is a minor 15 minute adjustment.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Tell Us Your Client From Hell Stories in the Comment Below
- Write Travel Articles for These 5 Companies as a Freelancer
- 5 Places to Get Started as a Graphic Design Artist
- Freelancers – How to Deal with the Budget Constraints of Your Clients
- Is There a Secret to Landing Private Writing Clients?
- 8 Ways to Get Started as a Freelance Writer
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.