5 Snack Ideas to Get You Through Your Work-from-Home Day
Updated on: by FStewart
Working from home is a blessing and a curse when it comes to food. I mean, you have many more options due to the fact that you are right there, in your home, by your own fridge. You don’t have to worry about healthy, easy things to pack to eat at the office. However, you do have to access to whatever is in your house. The key to not becoming as big as your house in this situation is to be prepared with healthy, yummy, and filling snack ideas that you do not have to avoid.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Great Snack Ideas
Everyone knows keeping fruits and vegetables around for snacking is healthy, but what if you have a fridge full of rabbit foot and a bowl full a fruit and you are tired of it? These easy ideas are simple to put together, have ready, and fied for you to grab a nibble on here and there all day if you want.
- Greek Yogurt Dip: Did you know that plain, fat-free Greek yogurt can double for sour cream in almost anything? Not only that, a quarter cup is about 15 calories, and you get loads of protein, calcium, and probiotics with each bite. Mix your dry dip mix with this instead of mayo or sour cream and you get a healthy, low-fat, low-cal dip for your veggies. Try it with Ranch, garden dip, onion dip, or whatever floats your boat.
- The Magic Trio: Chop tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado. Mix in a little reduced fat-feta and some black pepper, seal in a container, and grab a fork full whenever you want for minimal fat and calories. Cavendar’s All Greek Seasoning is great on this too.
- Marinated Cucumbers: There are so many ways to do this. Think pickles, but with your own twist. Slice cucumbers and cover with apple cider vinegar, sprinkle with chili powder, or just add your seasoning of choice. Seal, store in the fridge, and indulge at will.
- Roasted Chickpeas: Also known as garbanzo beans, these little yummies can be sweet, savory, or both. There are tons of recipes online for spicing them up, and once roasted they are a yummy and healthy crunchy snack packed with fiber and protein. If you are counting calories watch portions, but other than that you can’t go wrong here.
- Corn and Black bean Salsa: There are several variations on this as well, so find one that appeals to you. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week to have at the ready when the mood hits. I eat it by the spoonful every time I pass the fridge, but you could be more civilized and scoop it up with chips.
Spend Sunday evening preparing the snack ideas you want to have to choose from for the week. Invest in storage that will fit easily in your fridge so you do not feel overwhelmed with food or lose things in the back. Don’t try to make all of this at once or you may not be able to finish it. Worse yet, you may not be able to stay out of the fridge long enough to finish work!
- 5 Snacks to Get You through Your Work-from-Home Day: The Sweet Side
- Get Paid to Walk: 37 Apps and Ideas to Get Paid to Move
- Homeschooling While You Work from Home: What You Really Need to Know
- How Resourceful Do You Have to Be to Work at Home?
- Get Paid to Do Nothing: 16 Legit Passive Income Ideas
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Click here to post a comment...
September 9, 2016 at 9:22 pm
The marinated cucumbers sound so good! Thanks for sharing these with us Faith. It’s so easy to grab a bag of chips but we really do need to eat healthy – especially when we’re sitting for long periods of time – or at least I do. 🙂
Passing this along. Have a great weekend ladies!
September 10, 2016 at 1:02 pm
You are WELCOME! And they really are good!
September 16, 2016 at 2:55 pm
I LOVE your Magic Trio snack. So yummy!. Honestly, I never put much thought into what I ate during the day, mainly because I was a lot more active between gigs. Now that my work schedule has changed I am a lot more sedentary…and my fanny tells me so every day. I’ve been on the hummus and cracker kick, which is healthy and filling (at least that’s what I tell myself) but now I think I need to broaden my horizons.
Great tip on preparing snacks on Sunday. I can do it while making the kid’s lunches.
September 20, 2016 at 9:07 pm
I am glad you enjoyed it!!!!! It is sooooo good:)