Working from home is a blessing and a curse when it comes to food. I mean, you have many more options due to the fact that you are right there, in your home, by your own fridge. You don’t have to worry about healthy, easy things to pack to eat at the office. However, you do have to access to whatever is in your house. The key to not becoming as big as your house in this situation is to be prepared with healthy, yummy, and filling snack ideas that you do not have to avoid.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Great Snack Ideas
Everyone knows keeping fruits and vegetables around for snacking is healthy, but what if you have a fridge full of rabbit foot and a bowl full a fruit and you are tired of it? These easy ideas are simple to put together, have ready, and fied for you to grab a nibble on here and there all day if you want.
- Greek Yogurt Dip: Did you know that plain, fat-free Greek yogurt can double for sour cream in almost anything? Not only that, a quarter cup is about 15 calories, and you get loads of protein, calcium, and probiotics with each bite. Mix your dry dip mix with this instead of mayo or sour cream and you get a healthy, low-fat, low-cal dip for your veggies. Try it with Ranch, garden dip, onion dip, or whatever floats your boat.
- The Magic Trio: Chop tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado. Mix in a little reduced fat-feta and some black pepper, seal in a container, and grab a fork full whenever you want for minimal fat and calories. Cavendar’s All Greek Seasoning is great on this too.
- Marinated Cucumbers: There are so many ways to do this. Think pickles, but with your own twist. Slice cucumbers and cover with apple cider vinegar, sprinkle with chili powder, or just add your seasoning of choice. Seal, store in the fridge, and indulge at will.
- Roasted Chickpeas: Also known as garbanzo beans, these little yummies can be sweet, savory, or both. There are tons of recipes online for spicing them up, and once roasted they are a yummy and healthy crunchy snack packed with fiber and protein. If you are counting calories watch portions, but other than that you can’t go wrong here.
- Corn and Black bean Salsa: There are several variations on this as well, so find one that appeals to you. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week to have at the ready when the mood hits. I eat it by the spoonful every time I pass the fridge, but you could be more civilized and scoop it up with chips.
Spend Sunday evening preparing the snack ideas you want to have to choose from for the week. Invest in storage that will fit easily in your fridge so you do not feel overwhelmed with food or lose things in the back. Don’t try to make all of this at once or you may not be able to finish it. Worse yet, you may not be able to stay out of the fridge long enough to finish work!
- 5 Snacks to Get You through Your Work-from-Home Day: The Sweet Side
- Homeschooling While You Work from Home: What You Really Need to Know
- How Resourceful Do You Have to Be to Work at Home?
- Are You Tenacious Enough to Work From Home?
- What to Wear When You Work at Home
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada