I Can’t Work With My Kids Around
I decided to pursue a work at home career after having kids. I couldn’t take the idea of dropping my baby off to a daycare full of strangers. However, every work at home job I’ve done was nearly impossible to do with my kids around. Even blogging. They needed my attention and even now that they are older, they are very distracting. I’ve had to get pretty creative and sacrifice things like sleep in order to make working from home work for me.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
When I worked as a sales rep for a virtual call center, I had to be sure to find a flexible company that would allow me to schedule my own hours, around my husbands schedule. Although we didn’t get a lot of quality time together, at least I was able to still work while he was home to care for the children. It was hard – but we survived.
I’ve done other work at home jobs that did not require the complete silence that a phone job does, but I couldn’t accomplish much with them around. I had to limit my work time to after they were in bed. Now, my kids are in school and I have a lot of time alone.
I Have No Idea What I’m Doing
There is very little support for those of us who work from home. Even the companies that I’ve worked with that had chat systems and forums in place to help guide me through and provide support, it never felt like enough. When I worked brick and mortar jobs, I was able to get direct confirmation and correction during training.
Working from home, however, I have been faced with many times when I felt as if I had no idea what I was doing.
Specifically when I began working as a freelance writer. I over-thought every step of the way.With some encouragement from members at WorkPlaceLikeHome.com’s forum- I pushed through and just did it to the best of what I knew and everything turned out okay.
There’s Still No Time For Dishes
I thought working from home would open up some time for me to better keep up with the house work. Although, I do save time on commuting, I feel the need to work in every possible moment I have alone. Plus, I am now making more of a mess since I am home all day.
I have dropped the idea that my house would become better organized. Now I am just more comfortable with my mess.
I Am Not a Highly Self-Motivated Person
If you would have asked me 8 years ago, before I began working from home, if I was a highly self-motivated person, I would have said YES with complete confidence.
Now that I have the freedom to either walk to my computer or walk to my fridge….I realize I am not naturally self-motivated. It takes a lot of mental effort to keep myself on track.
Jeans Became Part of My “Dress Up” Wardrobe
Long gone are the days I wore slacks, dress socks, leather shiny shoes and curled my hair daily. Jeans were weekend wear before I began working from home. Now, my dress attire is a cotton t-shirt, a pair of pajama pants and I throw my hair up in a pony tail. Jeans are for going out! This is not a complaint! I love it!
- 7 Things You Will Hate About Working From Home
- 4 Totally Random Points That Make Me Feel Better About Working at Home
- Things to Consider When Deciding to Work From Home
- Working at Home- It’s a Fine Line to Balance
- How Working from Home Can Save Money
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.