I see a lot of people asking how bloggers make money. This topic is always interesting because there is such a wide spectrum of ideas about how and how much money bloggers make.
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
I am going to reveal my top 5 ways make money blogging.
First, you should read an article I wrote previously about why you should NOT be a blogger.
Here are the 5 ways I make bonus money blogging:
1. Google Adsense
Some bloggers make hundreds of dollars a month with Google Adsense, some make pennies. To make real money with Adsense you will want to research where the best places are to place your ads throughout your blog for more clicks. Obviously, the more traffic you receive, the more chances your visitors will click on the ads.
After 19 months of blogging- I generally receive over 1500 page views to my blog a day. I would say a normal day for me is to see 3-5 qualified clicks and I expect to see $3-6 earned a day. Some days I see a lot more, some days I see only pennies.
However, in my early days, I would rarely earn over a dollar in a day. In fact, I remember it took me eight months to reach my first $100.
Another method I have found to be very rewarding is using in-text advertising with Infolinks. I wrote on this subject several months ago and you can see in that article the progression my earnings made and how closely related to traffic the earnings are.
Infolinks takes words from your posts and turns them into related links. When readers click on those links, the blog owner earns money.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Currently, I expect to earn around $2.50 a day with Infolinks. Through comparisons I have made with other competing sites, Infolinks soars above all in-text advertising companies.
3. Affiliate Marketing
As a blogger you have an audience. An audience that trusts you and turns to you for information on your subject. So, companies offering services or products that relate will pay you to promote them.
The great thing about Affiliate marketing as a blogger is that there are thousands of companies you can sift through to find good matches and products you trust. In fact, if you contact companies you already have passion for, you may find they too offer an affiliate or referral program!
I recently listed the best places I knew of to find affiliate marketing companies. Since that post I have learned of several others.
One recent company focuses on women and deal focused blogs. If you check off to the right, you will see an ad for Escalate Network. Each time someone clicks on the ad on my site and registers to become an affiliate using Escalate Network, I will earn $3.50.
Affiliate Marketing is not my main way to make money, but I do make large chunks of money from time to time. For example, I work as a blog and graphic designer. When someone is ready to make a blog, I suggest they use the same hosting company I use, which is Hostgator. Every time someone uses my Hostgator referral link, I earn $100!
Now that is easy money and good money!
4. Host advertising:
Companies like BuySellAds.com will allow you to list your blog’s availability and will match your blog with advertisers!
I have sold a lot of ad space on my site. The higher my traffic moves, the more valuable my spaces have become.
However, my charge stays much lower than the standard average just because that is how I am. I make about $15 a month for small ads on my site and $25 for larger ads. I am really picky about who I let advertise on my site so I turn down more than I accept.
I have researched what others charge and found many sites will charge over $100 for a month of advertising space!
Recently I purchased a program called OIO publishing to manage ads on my site. It allows advertisers to seamlessly submit ads, renew them and even track how successful advertising on my site is by seeing how many clicks and views their ad receives. OIO also allowed me to list my site in their database, increasing my odds of being found by advertisers who are related to my blog.
(Use Code: CRINGLE-WAHA to save $10 through the month of January on the OIO Publishing Program)
5. Sponsored Posts
Companies like Blogsvertise will pay you to write a post reviewing their products, services, sites etc… The blogger is expected to give their honest opinion and also to state to the readers that the post is a sponsored post.
There are several companies who match bloggers with sponsors. Signing up for them is easy and you can find out quickly if your blog matches any of their advertisers.
I actually do not have any experience with this one yet. My blog is pretty specific and I have turned down every offer that has come my way because I don’t feel it is a good fit. But I have seen companies ready to pay as much as $50 for sponsored posts!
If blogging is something you would like to do to make money, you need to have passion for your subject. Blogging is not an easy way to make money. It takes a lot of time and energy to make a blog function, fill it with content, market it, maintain it and more.
Your passion for your blog will have to be what motivates you because if money is your drive, you may be disappointed. It will most likely take many months to see a return on your invested time.
Join Opinion Outpost, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash and gift cards for your opinion. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
You CAN make money blogging and there are many more ways!
- Real Ways to Earn Money Online: How to Make Money Online Today
- 10 Ways to Make Money Writing from Home
- My Top Five Ways to Make Money
- Top 4 Totally Doable Ways to Make Money on Pinterest
- The Six Most Awkward Ways to Make Money
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!