- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Many of you may know that two years ago I graduated with my degree in Education. Who would have thought that I would not be in a classroom teaching, but instead at home raising my two children? I would not have thought that this is where I would be when I started to work at home. A lot of people are wondering how as an educator, I can put my education degree to use. As I searched for work at home opportunities I soon realized the options were endless.
Tutor Out of Your Home
A lot of educators will sign up for places like Tutor.com, but you can also tutor from your own home. Start your own tutoring business and watch it take off. Skype is your best friend whenever you are tutoring others across the world. You can even tell friends and family of your tutoring services and word will spread like wildfire.
When I first started working at home I started hearing of scoring jobs with places like Pearson. I have never personally done any scoring with these websites, but for the right person this is an awesome job. The jobs are seasonal and you are required to work a certain amount of hours, but it works for some people.
Last summer I pursued an online teaching job quite faithfully, although I never found one. Connections Academy is an online school that teaches kids all over the world. They hire in specific areas, so it can be difficult to find a job with them. Those who do work for Connections Academy love it and have great things to say about their experience with the company.
Most people that write say that you need to have some sort of niche. What better niche than one you are certified in? With an education degree, you can write lesson plans for others or even blog for them. Your one on one experience with children will land you a front seat in landing education based writing jobs.
One opportunity that has often crossed my mind is starting a preschool for other moms like me. Preschool can be really expensive and my son is around preschool age. I have softly perused this opportunity, but I have yet to find enough moms who are interested. Charge a small fee to actually teach your friends toddlers, right in the comfort of your own home.
I’m still exploring my options as a person with an education degree who works at home. I personally believe that the options are endless when you are a work at home entrepreneur. I have the upper hand because I know how the work at home world works and I have a degree in something that helps change lives. I work as a fulltime writer, but I’m constantly looking for a way to incorporate my lovely education degree into my work at home career.
- Tutor.com – Use Your Education – Tutoring
- Parliament Tutors- Tutor Students From Home
- What is Your Driving Force? -Guest Blog Post
- Become an Online Tutor with Tutapoint
- Things to Consider When Deciding to Work From Home
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada