- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
Textbroker seems to be a very common starting place for those looking to start a career in freelance writing. While they are a good start, most freelancers need several eggs in their basket. Following are some sites similar to Textbroker, and if you keep them all warm you can likely make a nice chunk of change pretty regularly.
The Content Authority, commonly referred to as TCA, is very similar to Textbroker in terms of topics and pay rates. They also have four tiers of writers with rates ranging from $.007 per word to $.03 per word. The minimum amount earned for payout is higher, at $25, but the pay is still weekly. They pay each Monday via PayPal.
Interact Media has several more levels, each with higher pay rates. They range from $.007 cent to $.16 per word. They pay via PayPal twice per month on the 1st and 15th. The most glaring difference between Interact Media and Textbroker is that the editors only review your first article, after that all reviews and even ratings come from the clients. The rating system is similar, from 1 to 5 stars. Also, clients have the option of offering “tips” for material they consider to be worthy of more than the price originally charged.
Writer’s Domain is another site that offers a job board with fairly broad topics to write on. Most of their jobs are fairly uniform in that they are required to be around 250 to 300 words and include the keyword two times. Pay is $3 for each article from 250 to 300 words. Ratings are done by editors, and each article receives from 1 to 5 stars on both content and grammar. Those who get 4 or 5 stars on grammar get a $.30 bonus on that article. This means you could easily make $3.30 for one 250 to 300 word article. They pay via PayPal once per month, on the 5th. However, once you hit $100 in earnings you have the option to click a “pay me now” button and get paid right then. Another big difference here is that, in addition to a writing sample being required for the application, there is also a basic grammar test. Writer’s Domain is tightening up on their content requirements beginning in September 2012, so be aware of that also.
Media Piston offers jobs on a job board, and you pick what you want to write about. However, most have much more detailed instructions than other content sites. The tradeoff is that most of the jobs pay significantly more. Work is not available as often, but at least weekly it is possible to pick up a job or two. Once an article is approved by the client, you get paid via PayPal. Clients here also have the option to pay a “bonus” for what they consider to be great content.
Scripted offers significantly higher pay, but they have fewer jobs and topics to choose from. You have to apply for each category you wish to be allowed to accept jobs from, but once you are in you can make anywhere from $10 up to however much a client is willing to pay for one blog post. Also, they often send out private emails to writers who do well on certain topics, offering to let them accept jobs before they are posted on the job board.
Click on any of these sites similar to Textbroker if you are interested more information.
If you are working with Textbroker and looking for eggs to add to your basket, these are great options to consider.
- Textbroker – Writing Online Content
- How to Maximize Your Earning Potential on Revenue Share Sites
- Top 39 Legitimate Sites That Pay Cash For Writing Reviews Online
- 5 Things to Know About the Freelance Writing World in 2012
- Writing for Constant Content
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!