- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
One problem many writers struggle with is finding the time to write more. In addition, if you’re a writer, you may get ideas for articles or stories you want to write when you’re not at your computer. If you don’t have some way to make a note of these ideas, you risk forgetting them. This post will provide some suggestions for finding the time to write more, as well as some strategies for capturing your ideas when you’re not at your desk.
Get up earlier, or stay up later –
Depending on whether you’re a morning person or a night owl, you may want to consider getting up earlier or staying up later to work on your writing. I’ve started getting up earlier to get some writing done before I start my day – this is ideal for me because I get way too tired in the evening. I find writing early in the morning, before my husband gets up and starts getting ready for work, helps me get some writing time in.
Have a plan –
Nothing is worse than sitting down at your computer and not knowing what you want to write. So make sure when you sit down you know what you want to write. Maybe consider writing down a short outline the night before. I’ve used my morning writing time to work on rough drafts of blog posts or articles for my work newsletter.
Get a little movement in –
If you find that you’re still too tired in when you get up in the morning, maybe consider doing a short workout before you start. It could be something as simple as a yoga or a pilates workout – these workouts are not aerobic in nature, but they’ll get you stretched out and get your blood flowing so you can get some ideas down on paper.
Use idle time to write down ideas –
If you’re watching tv, waiting in line at the bank or the grocery store, or a passenger in a car, and you get an idea for an article or blog post, write it down. Of course, this means you’re going to want to have a notepad and pen with you, which could be difficult if you’re in a moving vehicle. Another solution would be to use a voice recorder, or the voice note feature on your phone.
When you’re writing your rough drafts, resist the urge to edit –
This is one I’m working on, but it’s still hard for me. However, I find that when I just work on getting my thoughts down on paper, and don’t stop and edit constantly, I’m able to write more.
Keep track of your progress –
This is a great way to keep yourself motivated to write more – write down what you worked on, and how many words you wrote. When you look at how many words you wrote over the course of a week, you’ll want to keep on writing.
These are a few ideas that you can use to find the time to write, as well as write more. If you have other strategies you’ve used, I’d love to hear them.
- Jumping Into The World Of Writing
- 8 Lessons I Learned from Writing My First Ebook
- Places to Find Inspiration for Writing
- Online Content Writing 101
- Ways to Promote Your Writing
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!