Written By Jess Weaver:
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
Hi. My name is Jess and I am a work at home mom who specialized in freelancing. My journey started almost a year ago and here I am. I wanted to take some time to talk about the steps to becoming a freelance writer. You should know that I am no expert in freelancing and there are 500 million people who are better than I. Still, I wanted to let you know the steps I took to become a freelance writer and how I became “somewhat” successful at it.
Although this is directed to Freelance Writing, the same is true for nearly any freelancing career type.
Decide that you want to be a writer. I can tell you right now that writing is not for everyone. My first work at home job was a phone job, and I knew right away that I had to choose between the phones or writing. I obviously chose writing or more like it chose me.
Sign up for any company that will accept you. Textbroker and Merchant Circle were my freelance babies. I have written tons and tons of articles with them and still continue to do so. Never desensitize yourself from where you first started. What I mean by that is; “remember where you came from.” It is easy to bash these “content mills” but in all reality they helped me feed my family.
Never ever give up! There are times when I barely made any money while attempting a career as a freelance writer. Do you know how many times I just wanted to give up? I surrounded myself with people who believed in me and wanted to see me succeed. I will never forget the first time my husband acknowledged my work at home career. From that point on I never looked back.
Discover your FLAVOR. There are hardly two people in this world who have the same writing abilities. I can tell you right now that certain clients either love my writing or hate my writing. Over time I have developed certain skills that make me more marketable. I enjoy blog type writing but that is not for everyone.
Jump in with both feet. Freelance writing is something you have to live, breath and poop. Seriously, you have to devout yourself to hours and hours or writing. I have spent countless hours writing and perfecting my skills. (I am nowhere close to perfect). If you are willing to put the time in, then it will be worth it in the end.
Always be on the lookout for opportunities. Freelance writing is like a box of chocolates because you never know what you’re gonna get. One week you could be sailing the big blue ocean and the next week crashing into a bay of rocks. Be prepared and always be on the lookout for work. There is never a week where I stop looking.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Have faith in yourself and the one who created you. You can do this and you are capable of making a career out of freelancing. It won’t always be easy but together us “WAHers” can accomplish anything!
- How to Start an Online Freelance Writing Career
- 8 Ways to Get Started as a Freelance Writer
- 5 Things to Know About the Freelance Writing World in 2012
- How To Write Faster Than Ever Before in 6 Easy Steps
- Make Money: How to Become a Freelance Consultant
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!