7 Things You Will Hate About Working From Home
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
Working from home is all sparkles and sunshine. There isn’t a boss watching over your shoulder and the coffee pot could seriously be plugged in and sitting on your desk! You can wear your pajamas to work, or work naked if you want. Your boss totally rocks and you don’t have to deal with road rage to get to your office.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Is your mind blown yet? Yeah working from home is pretty awesome. But there are also some reasons to hate it. Here are seven reasons that working from home kind of sucks.
1. That Look
That look you get when someone finds out you work from home. You won’t be able to tell if it’s a look of disappointment, confusion or if they really need to get to a bathroom. The concept of working online, from home, confuses a lot of people. Some don’t understand how it’s possible and others think you aren’t really working.
2. Computers are Expensive and Confusing
Buying your own computer sucks. Unless you’re a techy geek, understanding what is really needed to get a good computer is confusing. Not to mention- computers and other equipment such as software is expensive. It’s a good thing it is all tax-deductible.
3. Cats are Weird
Your pets will become annoying. Your dog wants to sit on your feet and your cat wants to lay across your keyboard. Then, the dog wants to play. The cat gets annoyed and starts pushing your coffee cup toward the edge of the desk- nearly knocking it off. And you thought working from home would do your pets some good.
4. Did you Shower Today?
The work at home lifestyle often allows you the flexibility to roll out of bed and sit straight down at the computer. Although you have full intentions of keeping a regular schedule- you find yourself sitting in your pajamas at three oclock. Coffee breath plus morning breath is just sick…it’s sick.
5. Who’s Knocking?
Sometimes your family and friends forget that you work from home…since you are logged into facebook all day. It can come as a surprise to hear a knock at the door. Your flexible schedule says this is okay and you need a break. But your newfound lack of routine reminds you you’re still in your pajamas.
6. Freelance Fifteen
If you don’t keep a good eye on yourself, you will gain weight working from home. Snacking is a killer and it is a mindless habit. Pair the junk food cravings with sitting behind a computer most of the day- you are bound to put on a few pounds. It’s a good thing sweat pants are the perfect attire for your career.
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Admit it. When you worked in an office, there were days you would do anything to stay home and lay in bed. I bet you even called in sick a few times just because you didn’t feel like going to work. When work is across the house rather than across town- it can be easy to dip out. Even when you have good intentions- Facebook and Funny Cat Videos are persistently distracting. So are naps.
- 11 Best Things to Try When You Absolutely Hate Your Job
- 5 Things No One Told Me About Working From Home
- Working from Home: 5 Reasons it is Different than You Thought it Would Be
- Five Things I Hate About Elance
- Open Discussion- What Is The Best Thing About Working From Home?
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!