Working from home is all sparkles and sunshine. There isn’t a boss watching over your shoulder and the coffee pot could seriously be plugged in and sitting on your desk! You can wear your pajamas to work, or work naked if you want. Your boss totally rocks and you don’t have to deal with road rage to get to your office.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Is your mind blown yet? Yeah working from home is pretty awesome. But there are also some reasons to hate it. Here are seven reasons that working from home kind of sucks.
1. That Look
That look you get when someone finds out you work from home. You won’t be able to tell if it’s a look of disappointment, confusion or if they really need to get to a bathroom. The concept of working online, from home, confuses a lot of people. Some don’t understand how it’s possible and others think you aren’t really working.
2. Computers are Expensive and Confusing
Buying your own computer sucks. Unless you’re a techy geek, understanding what is really needed to get a good computer is confusing. Not to mention- computers and other equipment such as software is expensive. It’s a good thing it is all tax-deductible.
3. Cats are Weird
Your pets will become annoying. Your dog wants to sit on your feet and your cat wants to lay across your keyboard. Then, the dog wants to play. The cat gets annoyed and starts pushing your coffee cup toward the edge of the desk- nearly knocking it off. And you thought working from home would do your pets some good.
4. Did you Shower Today?
The work at home lifestyle often allows you the flexibility to roll out of bed and sit straight down at the computer. Although you have full intentions of keeping a regular schedule- you find yourself sitting in your pajamas at three oclock. Coffee breath plus morning breath is just sick…it’s sick.
5. Who’s Knocking?
Sometimes your family and friends forget that you work from home…since you are logged into facebook all day. It can come as a surprise to hear a knock at the door. Your flexible schedule says this is okay and you need a break. But your newfound lack of routine reminds you you’re still in your pajamas.
6. Freelance Fifteen
If you don’t keep a good eye on yourself, you will gain weight working from home. Snacking is a killer and it is a mindless habit. Pair the junk food cravings with sitting behind a computer most of the day- you are bound to put on a few pounds. It’s a good thing sweat pants are the perfect attire for your career.
Admit it. When you worked in an office, there were days you would do anything to stay home and lay in bed. I bet you even called in sick a few times just because you didn’t feel like going to work. When work is across the house rather than across town- it can be easy to dip out. Even when you have good intentions- Facebook and Funny Cat Videos are persistently distracting. So are naps.
- Go Find a Real Job! -I’m Ranting!!
- How Working from Home Can Save Money
- The Next Best Thing for a WAHM- After Working at Home
- What it Means to be a Work at Home Mom
- How to Find Your Work at Home Groove
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada