Active Work From Home Ideas
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Many work from home jobs involve sedentary computer work with very little physical activity. Because of this, and because of other factors, many people who work from home don’t get as much physical activity as they could. There are some freelance jobs you can do from home that require a little more physical activity however. This blog post will provide some ideas for active work from home, or out of your home, that require a little more energy.
1. Personal Assistant –
Many people need personal assistants to run errands for them. Being a personal assistant would allow you to get out of the house at least a little bit, and hopefully get some more steps in your day.
2. Dog Walker –
Find out of there are people in your area who are looking for someone to walk their dog – dog walking is a great way to get some exercise, and you’ll be making a little extra money in the process.
3. Babysit or operate a day care in your home –
Anyone who has young children knows that they can keep you very physically active. In addition, if you run a day care you can also claim some tax deductions for this one – as with any work from home job, you can write the portion of your home you use exclusively for your daycare, and you can also write off things that you buy for your daycare such as toys and equipment, food, and the cost of paying any employees you hire.
4. Cleaning people’s houses –
It goes without saying that doing housework is a great way to get some physical activity as well as earn a few extra dollars. Find out if there are people in your area who would want someone to come in once in a while – say once a week or every two weeks – to clean their house.
5. Doing yard work for people –
No matter what time of year it is, there’s always outside work that has to be done, such as mowing the lawn during the spring and summer months, raking leaves in fall, and shoveling snow in winter. A lot of people don’t have the time or desire to do these activities, or if they’re older they may not be physically able to do them.
6. Virtual Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer
As a virtual fitness instructor or personal trainer, you can conduct workout sessions, provide fitness guidance, and lead exercise classes remotely. This role allows you to stay active while helping others achieve their fitness goals through online platforms or video conferencing.
7. Delivery Driver or Courier
Working as a delivery driver or courier for local businesses or platforms like DoorDash or Instacart can keep you physically active. You’ll be responsible for delivering packages, groceries, or meals to customers, requiring you to be on your feet and moving throughout the day.
8. Event Staff or Set-Up Crew
Event staffing companies often hire remote workers to assist with event planning, set-up, and tear-down tasks. This role may involve physical labor, such as moving equipment, setting up booths, arranging furniture, or decorating event spaces.
9. Online Fitness Influencer or Content Creator
If you have a passion for fitness, consider becoming an online fitness influencer or content creator. You can create exercise routines, demonstrate workouts, and share fitness tips through videos or blog posts. This job allows you to stay active while building an online following and potentially earning income through sponsorships or ad revenue.
10. Gardening and Landscaping Services
Offer gardening or landscaping services remotely by providing consultations, designing outdoor spaces, or offering advice on plant care and maintenance. You can guide clients on landscaping projects, create plant layouts, and suggest gardening techniques. This work allows you to engage in physical activity while assisting others with their outdoor spaces.
As with any work from home job, be sure to keep track of your income and expenses – if you have to travel, use a log to keep track of your mileage, because you may be able to take that as a tax deduction. And of course, anything that you have to purchase that’s related to the type of work you’re doing, such as cleaning supplies if you choose to clean houses, or any kind of lawn care equipment such as a lawnmower or leaf blower, can be written off on your taxes, so be sure you save your receipts.
Additional Ideas/Websites to Checkout further:
TaskRabbit– Task & Errand Service
Agent Anything- Everyday Errands for college students only
Marketforce– Mystery Shopping
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
WeGoLook– Check out items for people before they buy
- Work from Home Ideas for People in Different Professions
- Christmas Gift Ideas for People Who Work From Home
- All Work at Home Jobs are Scams- Work at Home Myths
- 5 Snack Ideas to Get You Through Your Work-from-Home Day
- Networking Tips for People Who Work from Home
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!