- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
American Express, also referred to as AMEX, offers more than just a credit card to their customers.
From business management solutions to reward points and hosting travel accommodations- American Express has become an all-around service.
This is a company known for their exceptional level of friendly customer service. It is exciting to imagine that a company as well-known and prestigious as American Express offers multiple positions for people who are seeking a home based position.
For the purposes of this review, only the customer service position was researched.
What Does a Customer Care Professional Do?
The American Express Customer Care professionals answer customer questions about their accounts.
Your duties will include answering questions, solving problems creatively and providing “extraordinary” customer service.
They also work to grow and mature customer relationships, and exceed customer expectations by offering solutions tailored specifically to American Express customers, per the American Express website.
System and Experience Requirements
- The job requires a high school diploma along with either 4 years of customer service experience or a Bachelor’s degree. Other requirements include strong verbal and written communication skills as well as being a good listener.
- It is helpful if you already have experience working from a home office. A dedicated home office that is free of distractions is required for the position. This means no children or crying babies in the background. If you have children, be certain you have adequate childcare available during working hours.
- Other home office requirements include a dedicated phone line and DSL or Cable high speed internet with download speeds of 10 Mbps (download) and 1 Mbps (upload.) The dedicated phone line must be an analog landline, and American Express will cover the connection cost and monthly fees with preferred carriers. If a preferred carrier is not available in your area they will cover $100 for set up and send $75 on the first paycheck of each month for fees.
Pay/ Benefits/ Hours at American Express
The American Express website says you can earn an average of $16.13 per hour with top performers potentially earning $28 per hour including base pay and incentive cash.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week position that offers benefits such as retirement, medical, vision, and dental insurance. Shifts run 24/7, so night and weekend hours are required.
Is This a Sales Type of Position?
The customer care position with American Express does have a sales aspect to it. One of the qualifications for the customer care position is to be someone with a sales focus, preferably with B2B (business to business).
How is the Scheduling at American Express?
American Express seeks out people who have a flexible schedule. They are open 24/7 and need operators around the clock.
Here is what American Express says in a recent job description about their scheduling system:
- Schedules will be fixed and 20-29 hours weekly
- Weekly work schedule may include day/evening/overnight shifts
- Weekend shifts are required
- Time off will be available/approved based on current call volume demands
What Others Are Saying?
Most everyone who has worked for American Express in a telecommute position says the company is great to work for and offers great work/ life balance.
Some expressed it was hard to do with children due to the no distractions rule.
There is a mixed bag of opinions on the interview process and training. Some love it, others hate it and quit before it is over.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
From the message boards, it appears training is a 6 week process and 100% attendance is required. Also, it seems that if the call metrics are not met within 12 weeks you are terminated, so there is very little room for error.
One poster noted that you are written up for even tiny mistakes, and after being written up 3 times you are on probation. Being detail oriented is very important.
Glassdoor.com has had over 1,300 current and previous employees rate their experience working for American Express.
These people have given the company a rating of 3.6/5 stars.
How to Apply for American Express Work from Home Jobs
If you are interested in applying for a work from home position with American Express you can visit their career page to search through the open home based positions.
Type in “virtual customer care professional” or “home based customer service professional” in the search box of the above web page.
American express is a well know company that offers legitimate, full time work- from- home opportunities.
If you can meet the requirements and are interested in this type of work, it is definitely worth it to apply.
Most everyone says it is not easy to get hired, but those who have been hired kept trying until they struck gold.
- Great American Opportunity- Legit Data Entry Work
- American Support Call Center Reps
- Capital One Pays Work at Home Agents $13/hr
- Top 22 Work at Home Jobs That Pay 20 Dollars an Hour or More!
- Work from Home with Amazon
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!