I have done reviews on sites where you can sell your skills such as your writing abilities or voice-over talents. However, I have not covered anything about how to make money from home by using your creative abilities or hobbies in crafting.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- OpinionCity: The internet’s Best Paid Surveys are here. Make up to $100 per survey completed. Join OpinionCity Now
If you were like me, when I first began thinking of how I could stay home and still make an income, one of the first things that came to my mind was “What can I make and sell?”. Back then eBay was big and I attempted to design and sell nursing covers. I paid a lot of money for the fabric, spent a lot of time designing my craft and then more money listing on eBay. I had no sales.
Of course, at that time I did not fully understand the value of promoting online and Facebook was very new to me (Myspace was really my thing). But times have changed and although I have found much success working with other companies such as Demand Media, I have also reverted back to my creative side and began jewelry making with two of my friends. However, this time I am successful. This success is not only because I have learned the value of my online resources and tools but also because of a great site called Art Fire.
What is Art Fire?
Art Fire is a great platform that allows you to list and sell your handmade or vintage items online absolutely free! Yes! You did read that right. You can create an account, list items with pictures and have your own dedicated online store that accepts multiple sources of payment for free! Not only that, Art Fire even helps to promote your items such as automatically putting them into Google Base! There is no listing fee, no selling fee, nothing, nada…
What is a Pro-Account?
If you choose, at anytime you can upgrade your account to PRO for 9.95/month (current fee). This just gives you some extra benefits such as being listed first in on-site searches, option to put up more pictures and a few more site options such as a larger logo banner.
I like that with a Pro account you can upgrade or downgrade to a regular free member at any time. When I started with Art Fire, three months ago, I spent a month as a standard member before deciding to upgrade to PRO. It was easy to do and I enjoy the added benefits but I do not feel it is entirely necessary to being successful.
Is Art Fire Really Worth The Time?
I believe that with any online store, you have to do more than just list your items. As with any product, you will need to promote locally and online. I am not depending on my online store for my profits but as one of many ways to get my brand seen. My product, jewelry, is often easier to sell when the customers can physically feel and try on the items. So, I know I will depend on craft shows and home parties. However, return customers, regular online shoppers and even my family have found that buying from my online store at ArtFire is very convenient. Anyone who sells home made items from home should consider an Art Fire account but should not depend on it solely.
You can create your own account at ArtFire.com and if you choose to go PRO then you and I will both receive a free month! But truthfully, although I have found value with the PRO account, using the standard FREE account is a great way to get started or to add to your current online handmade store.
- What’s the Best App to Sell Stuff Online? Find Ways to Sell Stuff Fast
- 14 Ways to Sell or Trade Your Amazon Gift Cards for Cash (Plus Ways to Trade for Other Stuff!)
- Get Free Stuff on Your Birthday Without Signing Up for Other Stuff
- VoxBox and Influenster: Free Stuff!
- 19 Best Places to Sell Used Items Online (Plus Offline Places to Sell!)
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.