ArtFire- Sell Your Stuff!
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
I have done reviews on sites where you can sell your skills such as your writing abilities or voice-over talents. However, I have not covered anything about how to make money from home by using your creative abilities or hobbies in crafting.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
If you were like me, when I first began thinking of how I could stay home and still make an income, one of the first things that came to my mind was “What can I make and sell?”. Back then eBay was big and I attempted to design and sell nursing covers. I paid a lot of money for the fabric, spent a lot of time designing my craft and then more money listing on eBay. I had no sales.
Of course, at that time I did not fully understand the value of promoting online and Facebook was very new to me (Myspace was really my thing). But times have changed and although I have found much success working with other companies such as Demand Media, I have also reverted back to my creative side and began jewelry making with two of my friends. However, this time I am successful. This success is not only because I have learned the value of my online resources and tools but also because of a great site called Art Fire.
What is Art Fire?
Art Fire is a great platform that allows you to list and sell your handmade or vintage items online absolutely free! Yes! You did read that right. You can create an account, list items with pictures and have your own dedicated online store that accepts multiple sources of payment for free! Not only that, Art Fire even helps to promote your items such as automatically putting them into Google Base! There is no listing fee, no selling fee, nothing, nada…
What is a Pro-Account?
If you choose, at anytime you can upgrade your account to PRO for 9.95/month (current fee). This just gives you some extra benefits such as being listed first in on-site searches, option to put up more pictures and a few more site options such as a larger logo banner.
I like that with a Pro account you can upgrade or downgrade to a regular free member at any time. When I started with Art Fire, three months ago, I spent a month as a standard member before deciding to upgrade to PRO. It was easy to do and I enjoy the added benefits but I do not feel it is entirely necessary to being successful.
Is Art Fire Really Worth The Time?
I believe that with any online store, you have to do more than just list your items. As with any product, you will need to promote locally and online. I am not depending on my online store for my profits but as one of many ways to get my brand seen. My product, jewelry, is often easier to sell when the customers can physically feel and try on the items. So, I know I will depend on craft shows and home parties. However, return customers, regular online shoppers and even my family have found that buying from my online store at ArtFire is very convenient. Anyone who sells home made items from home should consider an Art Fire account but should not depend on it solely.
You can create your own account at ArtFire.com and if you choose to go PRO then you and I will both receive a free month! But truthfully, although I have found value with the PRO account, using the standard FREE account is a great way to get started or to add to your current online handmade store.
Here are more online marketplaces where artists and crafters can sell their products:
- Etsy: Etsy is probably the most well-known marketplace for handmade goods, vintage items, and craft supplies. Sellers can set up their own shops, list their products, and interact with customers. The platform has a large, international audience which can help to increase the visibility of your products.
- Zibbet: Zibbet offers artists, crafters, and vintage collectors a platform to sell their products. A unique feature of Zibbet is that it allows you to manage multiple sales channels (including Etsy, social media, and your own website) from one place.
- Handmade at Amazon: This is Amazon’s handcrafted goods marketplace. It allows artisans to sell their unique, handcrafted goods to millions of customers worldwide while taking advantage of Amazon’s selling services.
- Bonanza: Bonanza is a general online marketplace that allows for the sale of a wide range of products, including handmade goods. The site is user-friendly and features tools to import items from other e-commerce platforms like Etsy or eBay.
- Shopify: Shopify is different from the others on this list, as it’s not a marketplace but rather a platform that allows you to create your own online store. It gives you a bit more control over your branding and customer relationships, but it also requires more effort in driving traffic to your store.
- What’s the Best App to Sell Stuff Online? Find Ways to Sell Stuff Fast
- 45 Consignment Shops Near Me to Buy and Sell Stuff Quickly and Easily
- 14+ Ways to Sell or Trade Your Amazon Gift Cards for Cash (Plus Ways to Trade for Other Stuff!)
- Sell Your Home-Grown Produce and Homemade Goods with Zukeeni
- Get Free Stuff on Your Birthday Without Signing Up for Other Stuff
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!