Associated Content – Writers
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
Associated Content from Yahoo!™ is an open publishing platform that enables anyone to earn money by sharing their knowledge with an online audience of millions. -AssociatedContent.com
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
As a new writer, I have been working for companies such as Textbroker, Wordgigs, The Content Authority and Writer’s Access. All of these companies are great, however all the rights to my work is sold and I do not get credit for the work. Someone else can sign their name to my article and take complete credit for it. Also, it get’s tiring writing what THEY want you to write. Sometimes I just need to break-out and write about things that excite me! This is when Associated Content by Yahoo! is my best friend. I can write whatever I want and they will publish it, with MY name attached to it!! Makes me feel like an honest to goodness writer!This type of work can eventually create a decent residual income if you have patience, time and dedication. After writing an article, you have three choices on how you would like your work published:
- Exclusive – Give Associated Content exclusive rights to the content. Which means you cannot publish in other places. However, Associated Content may publish with various partners (giving you more exposure…resulting in more money)
- Non-Exclusive – Can publish in other places after you do so at Associated Content. However, you will have the option to ‘opt-in’ to being published with their affiliate companies if offered.
- Display Only– Best if you have already published the works in other places.All three options will pay you for how many times your article is viewed. At 1.50/1000 views it is not anything to cause enough excitement to jump for joy. However, if you steadily add content and promote your work you will see it pay it off. Freelance writer, Fresian 2009, shares her experience in a Bukisa Article, Earn Money Freelance Writing: My Findings (2009). She explains after publishing content steadily and doing her due diligence of promoting and social networking, she is now seeing a steady return of an “average $18 a day from Associated Content so far submitted”. This means, she can now relax and collect an average of over $500/month, every month, for the work she has already completed! Additionally, there are multiple companies that you can publish your content with and collect per page view as well…collecting for the same article from various places such as Bukisa and Helium!Additionally you can earn income when you choose to publish either Exclusive or Non-Exclusive by asking for an upfront payment. Associated Content will take some time reviewing the article and determine if it is eligible for an additional up-front payment. Generally, the return is $2-15. In addition, there are topics and ‘ideas’ posted that Associated Content is looking to have published. Some of these have a preset upfront payment and you would collect for page views as well.Writing for Associated Content allows your inner writer to explore and break free from the mundane ghostwriting content mills. Not only can you make some residual income that eventually can earn a decent paycheck, you can create a nice portfolio to share with future potential clients or to use when applying for companies such as Demand Studios or About.Com. Whatever your motivation to write for Associated Content, from hobby to money, I believe you will love the freedom and ease of their set up.
- Calling All Content Mill Writers: The Content Authority is Looking for You
- Why New Freelance Writers Should Use Content Mills
- Writing for Constant Content
- Five Steps for Being Successful on Constant Content
- Media Piston- Just Another Content Mill?
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!