I was spending some time checking out the awesome money earning directory over at RealWaystoEarnMoneyOnline.com and noticed a listing for Virtual Assistant with
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
I know Virtual Assisting has been a pretty hot topic around here lately and many are intrigued- Asking, what a Virtual Assistant even does.
Thankfully Leisa addressed that question in her Understanding Virtual assistant Series.
Basically, a Virtual Assistant, or VA, is someone who offers to use their skills to assist others. For example, I am obviously a blogger. I can use my knowledge of blogging to help other bloggers create, maintain, troubleshoot etc their own sites. Virtual Assistants are used in a wide variety of ways!
What type of Virtual Assistants does Office 88 hire?
Office 88 hires Assistants with general office skills (secretary), Web and Graphic Design or Translating experiences.
Does Office 88 hire as an Employee or Independent Contractor?
Office 88 hires Independent Contractors. Being a freelancer can be an experience all its own, but I have found it to be very empowering as well!
Is Office 88 Legit? Do I need to worry if it is a scam?
From my trained eye’s perspective, Office 88 is on the up and up. However, I did struggle to find personal experiences or stories in regards to working for Office 88 so I have no confirmation to back up my ‘instinct’. So, as with any work at home job, I suggest you approach with caution and just look for any troubling signs.
How much Does Office 88 pay for Virtual Assisting?
Office 88 pays per project. Each task that becomes assigned to you will have a rate of pay that is project based or an hourly rate that you can agree to when accepting the project.
If projects are completed on time and meets the standard of quality expected, they will pay in full generally within 30 days. Some discounts may have to be given to their clients if the work is not quality work or if deadlines were missed. Of course, those discounts would fall back on you.
Based on the rates Office 88 is giving their clients, it is possible the rate is low for the market but still not without reason. Office 88 charges rates like $13 an hour for research work, $11 an hour for data entry and so forth. But, this is not the Virtual Assistant’s pay, the VA only gets a portion of this after Office 88 takes their cut.
How to Learn More and Apply for Office 88
Office 88 has an application process explained on their site, depending on the job type you are interested in:
First you must register on their site, which includes filling out a basic application.
Then you will be asked to send samples of your work.
Visit the Office 88 site to learn more about them and to begin the application process.
- Virtual Assisting at Time etc
- Five Steps to Working as a Virtual Assistant
- When To Seek Help from a Virtual Assistant
- eaHELP Hires Virtual Assistants
- Equivity Hires Virtual Assistants to Work From Home
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada