Do you enjoy photography as a hobby?
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- e-Poll: Take entertainment-related surveys and arn cash - paid via PayPal and gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers. Join e-Poll Now
Do you know a winning photo when you spot it?
Do you want something flexible that doesn’t require making phone calls?
Then let’s introduce you to Shutterstock and the work-at-home (WAH) Image Review position.
What is Shutterstock?
Shutterstock is an online community of photographers, videographers, artists, and illustrators that sell their work royalty-free to businesses and consumers. The site is basically set up as an e-commerce site where buyers and sellers can connect. They even have their own blog.
What Are the Roles and Responsibilities of an Image Reviewer?
An image reviewer at Shutterstock will be evaluating the images for:
- quality and execution.
- suitability for the client.
- adherence to acceptance standards.
The responsibilities of the image reviewer will be to:
- approve images based on the given standards.
- look for any sign of trademark issues, fraud, and or copyright infringement.
- review images for suitability for commercial image catalog.
- able to work in a high volume, fast-paced, and detail-oriented manner.
- able to apply metadata standards and editing
- select keywords that drive search engine results.
What Skills Are Needed?
The skills needed are:
- intermediate domain expertise.
- 2 or more years of professional photography experience.
- availability 25-30 hours of work per week, including 5-8 hours on the weekends.
- ability to photo edit using Adobe Photoshop.
- understanding of trends and styles.
- making detailed judgments repetitively.
- organized, analytical, and detail-oriented.
- strong command of English language.
What Are the Computer Requirements?
You will need:
- high-speed wired Internet access.
- an updated PC, laptop or Mac.
- an accurate color display for high-resolutions.
- your own Adobe Photoshop software.
- Google Docs and a knowledge of using it.
- Microsoft Office Suite downloaded and operating.
What Are the Work Hours at Shutterstock?
The hours are considered business hours and will be determined upon your acceptance. I understand that it is for the most part flexible. It does not appear to be 24/7, and there is a need for image reviewers to work on weekends.
What is the Pay and When to Expect Payment?
Pay as an image reviewer for shutterstock is based on experience, topic or subject matter, and varies. Most—not all—of the people who do photography reviews and evaluations are overall pleased with the pay.
Are You an Employee or an Independent Contractor at Shutterstock?
You are an independent contractor. Should you make over $600 a year, you will be sent a 1099 Tax Form.
What is My Overall Impression of Shutterstock?
Shutterstock seems like a good place for photography lovers to go and make money from home. The photography, graphics, and illustrations for sale on the main website were very high-quality. The overall company rating was 3.7 out of 5 stars, and you can certainly read some of the reviews for yourself on The Glass Door. However, I have also heard of image reviewers complaining that they were making under a $1 a photograph review.
Easy Extra Cash! Join PointClub and get access to the best paid online survey opportunities. Take Online Surveys, Make Money, It's That Easy! No hidden fees and completely free!
How Do Interested Individuals Apply to Shutterstock?
If you are interested, please go to the application/assessment. You will begin the assessment and will also need to test your computer’s speed. A speed of at least 25 mbps is required for downloading. After doing that, go to their job’s section and scroll down almost to the bottom of the page, and you will see the remote Image Reviewer.
Good luck to all who apply.
- The Best Way to Become an Amazon Reviewer and Get Free Stuff
- Dangerous to Work at Home as an IC?
- Top 22 Work at Home Jobs That Pay 20 Dollars an Hour or More!
- Work at Home Companies Where You Can Use an Apple Computer
- Make Extra Money at Newslines.org
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!