Become a Moderation Expert at ICUC
Updated on: by Leisa Good
Are you someone who enjoys social media?
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Are you someone who frequents forums?
Are you one who understands how important branding is to business?
Then the ICUC moderation agent job might be just what you are looking for.
What Exactly is a Moderation Agent or Expert?
A moderation agent is someone who basically acts on the behalf of the client and goes into the clients’ forums and social media accounts to answer questions, engage with their target market, and promote yet protect their brand.
You will be moderating forums, approving or deleting comments on social media as well as ensuring the proper online conduct of the site visitors. As you well know, most all forums have rules and guidelines for what may and may not be shared.
Does ICUC really stand for anything?
No, it is a clever way of saying, “I see. You see.”
How Long Has ICUC Been in Business?
ICUC Moderation Services Inc. is a Canadian company that was founded in 2002 as social media began to grow. Services are available to the client in ten major languages, which makes sense due to the Internet being global.
Their full line of services includes:
- content moderation
- community management
- content strategy
- social media
- customer service
- social listening
Your formal title for the moderation position would be ICUC Home Moderation Expert. Some of their clients include Virgin Mobile, Starbucks, and Chevron.
Does ICUC Offer Benefits?
You are actually an employee at ICUC with either part-time or full-time hours plus “benefits”. Pay ranges from $10 to $18 an hour and hours are available 24/7. Payday is every two weeks via direct deposit.
They do accept people in other countries to work for them, and they appear to be growing all the time. Before completing the application for working at ICUC, you might want to engage with the live chat agent on their website to be certain that they do hire in your country.
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
While the company does mention “benefits” everyone I talked to said that there were no sick days, vacation days or insurance of any kind. The only benefit was working from home and making a better hourly rate than most work-at-home jobs. ICUC claims that 80% of its 600+ employees worldwide work from home.
The reviews on the company overall weren’t bad. You can see them on Glassdoor here.
How Does Scheduling Work and Is It Flexible?
Scheduling is flexible as the Internet is 24/7. There are minimum requirements for both full-time and part-time. Part-time is around 15 hours.
What Are Their Requirements?
As you might imagine, the client is depending upon your skills, expertise, and professionalism to represent them and their brand online. The following are the requirements:
- a strong command of the English language.
- quick decision making.
- strong work ethic.
- able to multitask.
- a good sound judgement.
- above average computer skills.
- an above average knowledge of social media.
- an updated computer or laptop with anti-virus and anti-malware software installed.
What is the Application Process at ICUC?
You must select the following link then select the position that you want. You will need to complete all of the paperwork, attach a resume, and be willing to submit to a criminal background check (no charge for you). Should ICUC be interested in potentially hiring you, you will be contacted. You may be asked to do a few tests depending upon your skill level.
How Does Training Work?
Training is done via a third-party vendor called Moderation Gateway. Moderation Gateway trains moderators for other companies as well. The cost of the training is paid via ICUC.
How Would An Interested Applicant Apply to ICUC?
Based on comments to this post and subsequent research, it appears that this company is now ICUC.social. Here is an updated careers link, of course, good luck!
See below for any work at home openings at ICUC currently posted to Indeed.
- Work Online as a Community Moderator at LiveWorld
- Clarity–Make Money as an Expert
- Test your Social Media Skills
- Work at Home News Round Up -October
- How to Work From Home in Social Media
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!