Do you love to teach and want to find a way to teach others from home? Tutapoint is just one of many sites that allows people who are knowledgeable in different subjects to tutor others from home. This post will discuss how to become a tutor with Tutapoint.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale Research: Earn rewards by doing nothing more than sharing your experience of using the internet. Join Vindale Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
What kind of tutoring services do Tutapoint tutors provide?
Tutapoint tutors provide tutoring services for high school-level courses – subjects that tutors can choose to tutor include Math, Science, World Languages, Language Arts and SAT Preparation.
What kind of help do students ask for?
Students may ask for help with a specific homework assignment, or they may schedule a private tutoring session for a specific subject.
What kind of tools can tutors use when tutoring students?
Tutors can use video, audio, file sharing, and a whiteboard to tutor students.
What is Tutapoint looking for in its online tutors?
Tutors must have two years’ previous tutoring experience, and be a certified teacher, retired teacher, teaching assistant, or a professor at a college or university. While this is different from many companies that offer tutoring services online, it is also what sets Tutapoint apart and makes the services offered unique.
What kind of screening process do tutors go through?
Prospective tutors are required to complete a comprehensive application. Once complete, Tutapoint performs a background and criminal check. In addition, tutoring sessions are also routinely monitored to ensure quality.
What hours can Tutapoint tutors work?
Students can request instant, live tutoring help from 9 am to 1 am Eastern Standard Time. Students can also request scheduled sessions either during those hours or outside those hours, as agreed upon by both the tutor and the student. This makes hours worked fairly flexible, as long as you keep appointments.
Are Tutapoint tutors employees or independent contractors?
Tutapoint tutors are independent contractors, meaning they receive 1099 forms at the end of the year once they’ve made at least $600.
What kind of training is provided?
Tutapoint tutors are provided with video training on tutoring procedures, as well as training related to company policies and procedures. They also receive a handbook, sample lesson plans, and a technical guide for the website.
How are tutors paid?
Tutors are paid $14 per hour to start in addition to bonuses and incentives, with pay received twice a month via mailed check or direct deposit. Payment is for time spent in Tutapoint’s online classroom – Tutapoint does not guarantee a tutor will receive a minimum number of hours.
How do I apply to become a Tutor with Tutapoint?
If you meet the qualifications of tutoring experience along with being a teacher, retired teacher, professor or teaching assistant, then simply fill out the application at this link.
There are several companies that offer opportunities to tutor online from home. Tutapoint is just one of many, and if you’re looking for a way to work from home as a tutor, it could be an excellent option. If you’ve had experience working as a tutor for Tutapoint, please feel free to comment below!
- Parliament Tutors- Tutor Students From Home
- Tutor.com – Use Your Education – Tutoring
- Make Money Tutoring at Tutor.com
- 27 of the Best Online Tutoring Jobs to Make Money from Home
- Review of Enroll and Tutoring Online
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada