Burned Out? Re-Gear and Get Back to Work!!
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
Working anywhere can often result in being burned out. I have found that many of the home based jobs we all find ourselves in can very easily and quickly cause a bad case of the burn outs. Unfortunately for many of us, it means we spend more time on Facebook or Google than we should. This results in a drop in our pay which means our family situation and lifestyle hurts. The following are my tips for getting out of the every day rut and putting the passion back into our jobs!
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
1. Shake it up-
Many of our home based jobs can allow for enough flexibility to do more than one thing. If you are a writer, be sure to have a home based egg that is totally unrelated to writing or researching. Find something more mindless- like KeyforCash. If you do something less creative and more repetitive, like titling at Demand Media, then try something a little more involved like answering questions at Weegy. While the alternatives will probably not pay as well, it will still be an income and will keep your mind focused and in-tune for your main work at home egg.
2. Break it up-
When we are actually in gear and in a groove it can be hard to stop and take a break. But we must pace ourselves to keep that energy lasting. Be sure to learn good stopping points in your daily routine to get up out of your chair and get your blood circulating. Not only is this essential to your health, it will keep you from crashing after a long day of working. Sometimes we also just need to get out of our house! We need to breath in the fresh air and see a new view…something other than a computer screen!
3. Be Healthy-
Our health plays a huge role in all aspects of our life. Being healthy, fit and refreshed from a full night of rest is a great way to keep our minds focused and out of the haze that causes the burned out feeling. Taking care of our bodies will also increase our energy level and allow us to get more accomplished in a given time.
4. Make Goals-
I love lists. Something about crossing off each completed task makes me feel accomplished! The satisfaction of knowing I am moving forward is a huge motivation and keeps me in-gear! Also, having a set goal, whether daily, weekly or monthly, helps boost our desire to work more. Just make sure you do not set yourself up for failure by setting your goals too high.
5. Stay Organized-
There is nothing more overwhelming than a messy clutter. Seeing the piles of papers, household messes and disorganized chaos while trying to work will break your focus. If you are like me, you will find your mind wandering off and thinking about all the things you need to do (besides work). The feeling of being overwhelmed is a main cause many of us are ending and beginning our days burned out from working. I suggest we all dedicate some time each day to re-organizing and de-cluttering our workspace.
Now get back to work!!!
- 14 Ways to Get Back to Work After a Career Break
- Work from Home Desire? Going Back to School Could Help
- How to Find Your Work at Home Groove
- Getting Back Into Your Routine After Summer
- 27 Legitimate Ways to Get Free Fishing Gear in 2023
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!