Mystery Shopping is one of my favorite things to do. It is a great way to either make some extra money or get free stuff or free meals. While Mystery Shopping will never be a way to replace a full time income, it is highly rewarding and very fun!
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- e-Poll: Take entertainment-related surveys and arn cash - paid via PayPal and gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers. Join e-Poll Now
One of my favorite companies to complete Mystery Shops for is Confero Inc. As a Noob to mystery shopping, I found Confero made the process of learning very simple and straight forward. I have tried working for several mystery shopping companies and this by far is the best place to begin!
What is Mystery Shopping?
Mystery Shopping is a way for businesses to ensure their services and employees are effective and performing as they are expected. A shopper will either call or go to the place of business and remain anonymous, acting as a shopper. Once the task is complete, shoppers report their experience and findings via a survey. There will usually be a requirement to either scan in or take a digital picture and attach a file of any receipts pertaining to the shop. Shoppers are compensated either through being able to shop/eat for free and/or paid for their time.
What is Required to be a Mystery Shopper at Confero?
While Mystery Shopping seems like it would be something anyone can do, it really takes some specific qualities to be successful. First, you really need strong multi tasking skills. You may be timing the waitress’s every move, observing how long it takes for a table to be cleaned and noticing the cleanliness of a restaurant all at once. If you easily get flustered when trying to do several things at one time, then you may find Mystery Shopping to be a PIA.
Another skill that is important in Mystery Shopping is a strong attention to detail and a good memory. Because mystery shoppers must remain anonymous at all times, they cannot walk around with a pen and pad writing down every detail and asking for everyone’s names. You must soak in all that you need to know and remember it until you are alone to write it all down.
What Kind of Shops are Available?
This depends on the area you live. I have seen shops from getting your oil changed, having your taxes done, going through a drive thru or enjoying a meal at a dine-in restaurant. Some areas will have only a few shops available from time to time while others will have plenty of work.
Do I Get to Choose My Own Shops or Does Confero Assign Them to Me?
You choose when and what shops you want to complete! Confero has a job board where you can view the shops in your area. They will also send you an email whenever a shop opens in your area. There is no requirement as to how often you must work. In fact, you can sign up, see what is available and never chose to take an assignment. You are under no obligation whatsoever.
Do I Have to Pay For Anything Upfront?
When looking for Mystery Shopping companies you will find many scams. There are a lot of places that will ask you to PAY to work for them. This makes no sense and you should never pay to mystery shop. However, if your task involves any type of shopping or using a service, you will be expected to pay for it and then you will be reimbursed the following month. Just keep this in mind when choosing your shops. Usually they try to keep the expenses as low as possible and ask you to purchase the cheapest items possible. But I have worked with Confero for over a year and I have ALWAYS been paid and reimbursed fully and on time.
When and How Does Confero Pay?
Confero pays once a month, around the 20th. They pay for all assignments completed in the previous month and into your PayPal account.
How Much Can I Expect to Make as a Mystery Shopper for Confero?
This is entirely project based. I like doing the restaurant shops, where I am simply reimbursed for up to a certain amount, usually $30. For me, I enjoy a night out with my family, knowing it will be reimbursed. Another example would be some fast food shops I had completed that reimbursed me for the dollar item I purchased plus a drink. Additionally, I received something like $6-9 for my time. Usually I will grab several of the same shops at different fast food restaurants in my general area and ride around to each. In one afternoon I can make some decent money. But Confero is not something I can depend on for a regular income. Just a fun way to make some extra cash from time to time.
How Do I Learn More and Sign Up for Confero?
I would recommend reading through their FAQ section as it thoroughly explains everything that is expected of Mystery Shoppers for Confero. Then, when you are ready, you can sign up and see what is available in your area.
- Mystery Shopping with Market Force
- The Truth About Mystery Shopping
- Make Money Mystery Shopping with TrendSource
- The 33 Best Legit Mystery Shopping Companies To Work Remotely
- Get Paid to Pose as a Renter with EPMS
Easy Extra Cash! Join PointClub and get access to the best paid online survey opportunities. Take Online Surveys, Make Money, It's That Easy! No hidden fees and completely free!
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!