- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Work at Home Adventures has discussed Titling from Demand Media for quite some time. Check out Miranda’s blog post to get a more in depth feel for what Titling is. In layman’s terms TE-ing is exactly what it says. I am simply editing titles that will later be used for writing articles.
How long have you been editing?
I have been editing for a few months now. I sent an email and received a test and heard back pretty quickly from Demand Media. I feel like I am finally getting a good grasp for it. However, I still keep one eye open because I do not like to get too comfortable for fear of slipping. Anyway, title editing takes a lot more time than some of the other titling roles. However, it would be weird to not be doing editing, since I have become so used to it. While it is not the most loved of all the titling jobs- it is still near and dear to my “egg” heart.
Any tips for upcoming Title Editors?
Take your time at first and then dive into it. Those are famous words from Miranda Grimm. Your first couple of weeks it is really important to take your time and learn the ropes. Talk to some other title editors and get a true feel for what Demand Media expects of you. Visit the forums frequently. At first I did not take that advice seriously, however- over time I visit that forum several times a week. If you have ANY questions make sure to direct them to John Clark @ Demand Media. He has been an excellent resource and he is very quick at responding. With that said, do not bother him over every title, especially questions that can simply be asked on the forum.
The Need to Knows
Several issues I was having with titling when I first got started was.
– I was too slow.
– I wasn’t following all of the rules correctly; like capitalization and editing words.
– I was getting frustrated with my lack of knowledge.
My advice? Take your time over the next few weeks. I know how frustrating title editing can be because of the amount of time it consumes. I cannot give an hourly wage advice because mine varies but I can tell you it is always over $9.00 an hour. Sometimes I average about $12.00 an hour. However, I have grown to love the fact that I can stop and come back several times a day. Sometimes I will only do $2.00 at a time. It goes pretty quickly and I can knock out titles faster that way!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
What are your tips for other Title Editors?
Want to be a Title Editor? Check out the Titling Role Post to learn more
- Demand Studios – Title Editor
- Titling at Demand Media
- Demand Media Studios – Title Quality Assurance
- How I Earn $20 an Hour with Demand Media TQA
- Demand Media – Flexible Non Phone Work
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!