I began working from home so I could be present in the lives of my children. Yet it is that very thing that makes working from home the hardest!
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
One of the first phrases my youngest daughter learned was “I Busy”…something she heard all too often from me!
I tell myself all the time that I only work at night- after my girls are in bed. I may do just a few things here and there during the day when they are busy playing…so I say.
Reality has rarely seen truth in that ideal daily schedule. I often think I would be doing my children better if I were to take them to daycare and let them play and be active with other people, than to sit at home and watch me work.
Maybe I am too hard on myself but one thing I know for certain- My mommy instinct is well worth taking seriously. Everything in me says this is far from right.
Thanks to some beautiful weather and maybe me just being sick and tired of being presently absent, I have made some seriously major changes over the last couple of weeks.
If you stalk me then you have noticed 😉 I have not been very socially active around the web. If you are a close friend of mine- NO I am not upset with you. I am not ignoring you. I am doing what is right for my family- reconnecting. I simply don’t have a lot of time anymore. I’m planning what I will be wearing to the next Princess Ball Tea Party and riding my bicycle up and down the road.
My children are looking at me with a whole new pair of eyes. I am showing them what it means to be priority in my life. I don’t want them to think they are less important than my computer. I believe part of raising them to be confident in the feeling that they are important is by treating them like they ARE.
Of course, I still need to bring in some bacon. So finding a balance that works for me will be a constant. Life is always changing and although working from home is flexible, it also means I must be flexible.
While I will still occasionally tell my children to “please go play, I am busy”. I am vowing to never let it interfere with my relationship with them.
They are only young once and boy time is flying by. I will never get yesterday back. But I can learn from it and make tomorrow a better day.
Let’s face it- this is part of the Work at Home Adventure. We are forging our own paths, learning from our own mistakes- let’s get this whole mommy working from home thing right.
- Does Being a Work at Home Mom Mean Your Children are Neglected?
- 24 Work at Home Blogs of 2012
- What to Wear When You Work at Home
- All Work at Home Jobs are Scams- Work at Home Myths
- Honest Advice From a Work at Home Mom
Join e-Poll, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash - paid via PayPal - gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers.
The surveys are aimed at entertainment-related research, covering such things as personal TV watching habits, give feedback on new TV commercials or to review DVDs that are sent to your home.
For USA residents aged 13+. No hidden fees and completely free!
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!