Create Affordable Business Materials with Canva
Updated on: by Erica Martin
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
If you own a small business, it’s important that you have different materials to promote your business, such as business cards, flyers, and even graphics for your website or Facebook page. I recently discovered a website called Canva that makes it easy and affordable to create these different materials. In this blog post I’ll explain more about the website and how to use it to create different materials for your business.
What is Canva?
As I mentioned earlier, Canva is a website that you can use to create different projects, such as posters, business cards, and graphics for your Facebook page or website, among other things.
Is Canva free?
It is free to create an account on Canva; however, many of the graphics cost a dollar if you choose to use them in your projects. This is not very expensive however, when you consider that many websites that sell stock images charge a lot more.
How do I create a project on Canva?
Creating a project on Canva is easy. You start by selecting what type of project you want to create – you can choose from social media, presentation, poster, blog graphic, Facebook cover, A4-sized document, card, photo collage, business card or invitation.
Next, you’ll select a layout that’s close to what you want your project to look like – keep in mind that you can delete any objects you don’t want and substitute others. You can also change the color of any graphics you add from Canva’s library.
Then you’ll add any text you want to add to the project, such as your name or your business name. There are a lot of different fonts you can chose from, and you can make them any color you want.
The next thing you’ll do is choose a background for your project – this is where you may end up having to spend a little money if you want to use one of the pictures that Canva has on their site, rather than just using a generic background.
Finally, if you have images you want to upload to use in your project, you can upload them, or you can use photos you have saved on Facebook or use one of Canva’s images. Once you project is done, you can share it on Facebook or Twitter, and you can also get a link to share your creation elsewhere on the web, such as on your blog if you have one. You can also publish your project as an image or a PDF, depending on whether you plan to use it on the Web or print it out.
Are there any tutorials to help me learn how to use Canva?
Yes, there are five different tutorials available on Canva. They show you how to do different things, such as choose colors, work with different layouts, and choose fonts.
If you don’t have Microsoft Word, or another software program you can use to create these types of materials (or even if you do!) I think Canva is an excellent alternative. I’m looking forward to using it to create materials to promote my blog and my ebook.
- 5 Free and Affordable Sites For Blog Images
- 16 Free Online Presentation Tools for Business and Personal Use
- Create A Writing Portfolio on Contently
- Top 7 Companies That Help You Start the Personal Styling Business
- These 23 Best Sites Pay You a Bonus Just to Create an Account!
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!