Do you want a work-at-home job where you are not sitting at a computer?
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Does a work-from-home job as a delivery driver appeal to you?
Are you detail-oriented and customer friendly?
Then working from home at Postmates might be an option for you.
What is Postmates?
You’ve probably seen or heard the name before now. It’s hard not to go online without hearing about Postmates, DoorDash, Uber or Lyft. This article will be about the Postmates delivery drivers.
Postmates is a work-at-home company that hires remote order takers and delivery drivers to accept customer orders via their cell phones. Many of the customers are calling in for food orders such as pizza delivery or Chinese takeout. However, unlike DoorDash who only delivers food and Uber who only delivers rides, Postmates pick up and deliver groceries as well as over 20,000 other items. At this time in their startup history, Postmates drivers mainly just deliver food in most areas.
Deliveries can be made via car, scooter, motorcycle or even bicycle. This is an independent contractor position.
Just like the Postmates app for iPhones and Androids, Postmates’ consumers enjoy the convenience of shopping from their phones then having the order delivered to their homes via Postmates’ delivery drivers.
How Does Postmates Work for Delivery Drivers?
Delivery drivers sign up at Postmates, pass a background check, and then go to an orientation in their area.
Delivery drivers will also use their cell phones to communicate with customers as they pick up and deliver the orders. Delivery drivers may accept orders or reject orders coming into their phone. The faster you accept the better. The customer will in turn receive a picture of the delivery person who will be picking up and delivering their order. As the driver, you will pick up and deliver the order per the customer’s outlined instructions.
Where is Postmates Available?
Postmates is growing rapidly and is available in many areas. To see the most current list, visit their website. The following states currently have active cities using Postmates delivery drivers.
If your state is listed above, be sure to visit the Postmates website to see the cities where they are currently active.
How Much Money Can Delivery Drivers Make?
While Postmates claims on their website that delivery drivers may make up to $25 an hour, most drivers claim that it is substantially lower. Delivery drivers are paid 80% of the customer’s order even before coupons and promotions are subtracted out. There is a minimum of a $5 delivery charge and “blitz pricing” applies. Blitz pricing is when pricing is raised for peak traffic times. Tips and gratuity may also be accepted by the delivery driver.
Pay is done weekly via PayPal or a direct deposit.
What Do You Need to Be a Driver?
In order to be a driver at Postmates, you must:
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- be at least 18 years old.
- have dependable transportation in some form.
- have a valid drivers’ license.
- have a positive attitude.
- have a flexible schedule.
What Do Others Think?
While opinions tend to vary quite a bit about whether or not Postmates is worth their time, you can certainly read the latest Glassdoor reviews. The biggest complaints seem to be about the pay being closer to minimum wage. However, some drivers still do manage to figure out a way to make top dollar and enjoy the job.
How Can You Apply?
Go to their website and click the Become a Postmate button at the top. Good luck.
- 26 Best Ways to Make Money Delivering in Your Spare Time
- How Much Can You Make Driving for Uber? Find Out from Real Drivers!
- Instacart — Make Money Grocery Shopping for Others
- Make Money Delivering Healthy, Organic Meals at Sprig
- Does Your Home Business Handle a Lot of Mail Shipments?
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.