Amidst controversy, Uber is looking for work-at-home employees to act as Community Service Representatives. A rare client-focused work-at-home opportunity that does not involve telephone communication, the position offers a multitude of perks. Current Community Service Representatives, however, have qualms with the management support and scheduling practices. Read on to see if Uber is a good fit for your work-at-home endeavors.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
What is Uber?
Uber, founded in 2009, is a smartphone app that is slowly revolutionizing transportation and taking over taxi services. A ridesharing service, the app allows you to arrange transportation from the comfort of your own phone, with a few taps of your finger. Simply request a ride, and a driver will accept and be on his way. The app is particularly helpful as it features perks such as fare estimates, ETAs, route details, and performs all payments virtually. Its popularity has paved the way for its expanding into 45 countries, and 200 cities worldwide.
Why do I recognize that name?
Uber has been a hot topic in the news lately, with multiple controversies. From high prices to very real safety concerns to shady moves against competitors, the company has itself in a bit of hot water recently. Many Uber locations are seeking to, or have already successfully, have the service banned due to lack of regulation and a profound negative impact on local taxi drivers and companies.
What is a Community Support Representative?
A Community Support Representative (CSR) is client service specialist providing support exclusively through Uber’s e-mail platform. Your main responsibility is to be a point of contact for drivers and users inquiring about the service or reporting a problem or complaint. You will supply quick, accurate information in a friendly manner and escalate issues where necessary.
What are the qualifications?
To qualify to be a CSR, you must be a proficient writer, including excellent spelling and grammar, with abilities in customer service and troubleshooting. The ability to multi-task and remain self-disciplined in a low supervision environment are also must-haves for this position.
Uber would prefer you have a college degree, previous experience in customer-oriented settings, familiarity with the software Zendesk, and knowledge of work-at-home best practices though these are not requirements.
How am I compensated?
Uber does not release payment information prior to hire though word around the Internet hints the pay is hourly and in the teens.
Is it a permanent position?
The job posting describes the position as temporary with the possibility of extension.
What are the scheduling details?
CSRs work 40 hours a week and their shifts are fixed. Weekend and weekly evening shifts are mandatory for all employees.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Is there a training period?
There is a two week training period, though it is unclear whether or not it is paid.
Are there any special technical requirements?
No. All that is needed to be a CSR is a working computer and reliable high-speed Internet service.
What do current Uber employees say about their job?
As convenient as the job seems, Uber CSRs have been less than impressed with the position. Apparently, scheduling is variable depending on your manager at the time. 12 hour shifts are not uncommon and many managers disregard your availability.
Though the training period is said to be informational, post-training support leaves something to be desired. It’s stated that Uber utilizes a chat platform to assist CSRs though employees indicate that it is not well-manned. Inconsistency in responses between leadership can be confusing, and a lack of communication can make your position very frustrating.
Do I have to be living in the U.S.?
So far, the CSR position is available to American residents only.
How do I apply to be a Community Support Representative for Uber?
Application is relatively simple. Click here to answer basic drop-down questions, supply one customer-related short answer response, and attach your cover letter and resume.
- How Much Can You Make Driving for Uber? Find Out from Real Drivers!
- Work at Home as a Customer Service Representative with Concentrix
- Take Customer Service Calls for Direct Interactions
- NexusOp Agents Combine Customer Service and Sales
- Work from Home as a Customer Service Representative for Expert Global Solutions
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.