What is Viggle?
Viggle is a smart phone app that can be used to earn points for watching television shows. The points can be redeemed for gift cards and other prizes. You may have seen the many Viggle commercials where the guy talks about how you earn rewards watching TV, while people randomly hand him prizes like headphones or a cruise vacation out of a TV screen.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
How does it work?
Once you download the app from either Apple’s App Store or Android’s Play Store, you can check in each time you are watching television. The app can determine what show you are watching by listening briefly through your phone’s speaker system. Once you are checked in, you earn one point per minute of viewing time.
Some have reported not finishing shows and still getting all the points anyway. Let us know what your experience is with that, but be careful not to do this too much and risk having your Viggle account suspended.
How quickly can I earn prizes?
While it varies from prize to prize, it appears that most prizes cost several thousand points. Therefore, how quickly you earn prizes depends on how much time you spend watching television and the specific prizes you redeem.
Is checking in the only way to earn points?
Nope. You can “play along” with some shows and earn bonus points. Also, Viggle has a partnership with DirectTV, so their customers can sometimes earn even more bonus points. You do not have to be a DirectTV customer to use the app however.
I just recently downloaded the app and cannot answer a lot of questions from experience.
However, my biggest concern was the fact that my household does not have any sort of cable or satellite service. We have digital antennas, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime (can’t beat $21 per month for television after initial outlay!)
In addition, we often hook our computer up to our television and stream shows from the network websites such as USA and ABC Family. I have read where users were able to check in watching shows on Hulu, but they also noted that Netflix was iffy.
Viggle says that it works with live or pre-recorded shows. I take that to mean DVR should work, and I didn’t find where anyone seemed to have trouble with that.
This morning I was successful checking in to a show on live television and to last week’s episode of “The Secret Life of an American Teenager” on abcfamily.com. I will update as I learn more about what works and what doesn’t.
Lastly, they do state on their website that they will suspend accounts for suspicious activity (i.e. too many check-ins in a short period of time, like you wouldn’t have time to watch that many shows in that amount of time ever.) They also regulate to one account per person.
What has your experience been with Viggle?
- Earn Using Bing Rewards
- BZZAgent- Score Free Stuff and Earn Rewards
- Introducing WAHQuestions.com!
- Kellogg’s Rewards Program
- Gather- Earn Money While Socializing
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!