When you are unemployed, your primary focus may be on finding a new job that fully replaces the one you have lost.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- OpinionCity: The internet’s Best Paid Surveys are here. Make up to $100 per survey completed. Join OpinionCity Now
However, in some cases, it may be weeks or even months between the time you lost your job and the time you receive a paycheck from a new job.
You may have received severance from your last position, and you may receive some unemployment benefits, but this may not be enough to fully replace all of your lost wages.
With this in mind, you may need to find a way to supplement your income so that you can make ends meet.
The good news is that there are a few options available to help you replace the income that you have lost until you find a new job.
One gig that’s usually easy to get is seasonal work in retail, such as at a clothing, general merchandise, landscaping, or hardware store.
Seasonal work is most closely associated with the holiday season in November and December, but you can also find work as a lifeguard or a summer camp worker.
You might want to consider online work, which may include everything from transcription to phone tech support, in part-time, full-time, and temporary positions as well as one-time project work.
You can find jobs through a number of websites with ease, and the work for these positions often starts immediately. Check out our virtual based job board to see what companies are currently looking to fill online based positions.
Driving is now an increasingly popular second job that is available through different companies. With these positions, you simply need a late-model car and free time in your day to drive other people around.
You can make a considerable amount of money driving if you live in a moderately well-populated area or are willing to drive into a populated area to work.
Mystery shopping can be rather lucrative if you are willing to put in full-time hours.
Market research companies, watchdog groups, and other organizations hire mystery shoppers to assess a company’s products, services, or regulatory compliance.
Some people combine mystery shopping with other types of work to more fully supplement their income. You can find mystery shopping assignments through companies affiliated with the Mystery Shopping Providers Association and by checking out our reviews.
Sudden unemployment can be a devastating setback, but there are ways to make money while you are in between jobs.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Some of these ideas are great second jobs as well, and you can continue in them even after you have found a new position.
- The Best 14 Easy Ways to Make Extra Money In 2019
- 12 Easy Ways for Canadians to Make Extra Money Online
- TeleXpertise- Work at Home Positions
- The Truth About Mystery Shopping
- 66 Easy, Quick Ways to Earn Extra Pocket Money Every Month
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.