- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- OpinionCity: The internet’s Best Paid Surveys are here. Make up to $100 per survey completed. Join OpinionCity Now
Are you feeling overly stressed and can’t seem to get off the proverbial gerbil wheel?
Do you find yourself overwhelmed and tired by the middle of the day?
Then maybe you need some good, old-fashioned “me-time”. Now with school back in full-force and with the holidays soon approaching, me-time may seem like a luxury. However, back up and realize me-time is very much needed in your life for you to function as an efficient and functional work-at-homer (WAHer), parent, spouse, friend, and person.
How Can You Find Time in Your Schedule for Me-Time?
- learn to say no.
- learn when to break.
- learn to walk it out.
- learn to reorganize.
- learn to re-prioritize.
While many of us find it difficult to say “no” to the many demands made on us, we can learn to decipher which opportunities to participate in and which to decline. It is equally important to learn when to take a break as it is when to reorganize your daily routine.
Henry David Thoreau, Thomas Jefferson, and Ernest Hemingway all recognized the importance of walking to clear your mind. Thomas Jefferson recognized long walks as a way to focus on your surroundings and stop thinking about yourself or stop thinking about anything for that matter.
Speaking of walking, psychologists are beginning to recognize the importance of walking in light of mental health. “It’s become clear that this is a good intervention, particularly for mild to moderate depression,” said Jasper Smits, a psychologist at Southern Methodist University as cited in The Huffington Post, August 29, 2013 issue.
Why Would Anyone Need Me-Time?
Me-Time is needed to:
- de-stress and bring stress levels down to more controllable levels.
- regroup and listen to your inner self and needs.
- stop working and re-energize.
Is Me-Time the Same as Non-Billable Time?
Absolutely not! While me-time is not billable time, it is still important. We WAHers need to realize that folding clothes and paying bills is not the same as me-time. Me-time was meant to de-stress and relax and do nothing. Not to be engaging in work that is non-paid then feeling guilty.
Me-time is all about tuning into yourself and regrouping your thoughts. Letting your eyes, mind, and body relax.
How Can Me-Time Help Me Become a More Efficient WAHer?
Because you are allowing yourself to stop working and to be quiet for a few minutes, you are allowing your mind to rest and rejuvenate. This will help you solve any upcoming issues or problems.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
“I am at peace with the unfolding of my life,” Cheryl Richardson who says that all of us need to be lazy and directionless and fill our creative tanks. Cheryl who is a self-care coach highly recommends getting in touch with your inner-self and inner-greatness then awaiting for a new season of life and waiting for new marching orders.
When Does Me-Time Need to Become a Sabbatical?
The concept of a sabbatical is mentioned in The Bible as a way to build rejuvenation and rest into a weekly routine. Nowadays it is used by teachers or really anyone wanting time away from work to do research, to think or to reach a goal.
Anastacia Brice, virtual assistant trainer and owner of AssistU.com, takes a yearly sabbatical to clear her head and to think about where she wants to take her business next year. Her sabbaticals can last up to two months.
When Does Me-Time Need to Turn into R and R (Rest and Recuperation)?
Me-time really doesn’t need to become R and R, but for those who really feel they need to get away–do so! It is better to get away than never get away and become mundane and stuck. Recently, The Huffington Post has been publishing articles on how to have a “Serenity Saturday” with many articles dedicated to how to relax and unwind. Those of you using AOL.com as your email or ISP will know what I am talking about.
When Can Me-Time Begin?
Really, only you can decide that. It really should begin as soon as possible. Tomorrow’s 15-minute coffee break or 20-minute walk or workout can become a daily source of me-time. However, make sure you schedule it on your calendar as urgently and consistently as you would schedule any client work.
Then allow for me-time to show you the new season of your life or new business idea. You only have to be available to listen!
- Entrepreneurship Tips: Get Rid of Email Anxiety by Learning How to Send Effective Emails
- Stop Wasting My Time
- 60 Work from Home Part Time and Full Time Night Shift Jobs
- Virtual Assisting at Time etc
- Ways to Save Time and Stay Organized While Working From Home
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.