Emu App–Scheduling App With an Edge
Updated on: by Leisa Good
If a friend texts you about lunch, is the first thing you say, “Hold on. Let me pull up my calendar!”?
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Then you need the Emu app downloaded on your iPhone. Sorry the Android app is still in the works!
What Exactly is the Emu app?
Emu is a free texting app with a built-in assistant. I like to say it is texting with an edge. For example, a friend texts you acknowledging that you are running late and asks where you are. Emu goes to work and pulls up a map of where you are. You can just send the map to your friend or send it with a message.
What Do You Need to Operate Emu?
Outside of an iPhone or other iOS device (iPad and iPod Touch), you will need:
- your iOS to be 7.0 or later.
- your iPhone to be an iPhone5.
Again, the Android app is still in the works. But for all of you iPhone users, just open iTunes and you can download it there.
How Does the Emu App Work?
Emu has an integrated GPS tracking device as well as built-in artificial language intelligence. It also uses a service very similar to Open Tables to show restaurant availability times in the text. Then there is Google Maps, Yelp for finding services and places closer, and Fandango for ordering tickets. All of these are integrated into Emu as a way to make texting smarter. You can even tap the Fandango icon in the message and order your tickets right then and there.
Whenever you send a text to someone wanting to schedule something on a particular day or week, it will pull up your availability and send it with the text you will send back.
There is also a snooze message feature that reminds you to do something at a certain time of day.
Emu is also working on a way to make it safe to text and drive. Well, not really. Emu is working on a feature called Magic Reply that will let the person trying to message you know that you are driving and will get back to he/she. It may even be able to automatically give them the information they were texting to receive in the first place.
So How Does the Emu App Stand Out as Unique?
I certainly don’t know of a scheduling app with all of this integration. It is definitely the wave of the future and will be interesting to see how many more features/services the developers will integrate into Emu.
What Do I Think of the Emu App?
I think it is a good idea, especially putting a stop to texting and driving. It did receive many good online reviews. It averages 4 out of 5 stars.
How Can You Get the Emu App?
Just go to their website or the Apple App Store. Enjoy!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- Earn Money While Staying Fit with Nexcercise- an iPhone App
- The Cloak App–the “Antisocial Networking” App
- Easy Way to Get Paid for Going to the Gym Using an App
- The Povio App–Selfies for the Self-Conscious
- Host an Online Holiday Potluck
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!