If a friend texts you about lunch, is the first thing you say, “Hold on. Let me pull up my calendar!”?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Then you need the Emu app downloaded on your iPhone. Sorry the Android app is still in the works!
What Exactly is the Emu app?
Emu is a free texting app with a built-in assistant. I like to say it is texting with an edge. For example, a friend texts you acknowledging that you are running late and asks where you are. Emu goes to work and pulls up a map of where you are. You can just send the map to your friend or send it with a message.
What Do You Need to Operate Emu?
Outside of an iPhone or other iOS device (iPad and iPod Touch), you will need:
- your iOS to be 7.0 or later.
- your iPhone to be an iPhone5.
Again, the Android app is still in the works. But for all of you iPhone users, just open iTunes and you can download it there.
How Does the Emu App Work?
Emu has an integrated GPS tracking device as well as built-in artificial language intelligence. It also uses a service very similar to Open Tables to show restaurant availability times in the text. Then there is Google Maps, Yelp for finding services and places closer, and Fandango for ordering tickets. All of these are integrated into Emu as a way to make texting smarter. You can even tap the Fandango icon in the message and order your tickets right then and there.
Whenever you send a text to someone wanting to schedule something on a particular day or week, it will pull up your availability and send it with the text you will send back.
There is also a snooze message feature that reminds you to do something at a certain time of day.
Emu is also working on a way to make it safe to text and drive. Well, not really. Emu is working on a feature called Magic Reply that will let the person trying to message you know that you are driving and will get back to he/she. It may even be able to automatically give them the information they were texting to receive in the first place.
So How Does the Emu App Stand Out as Unique?
I certainly don’t know of a scheduling app with all of this integration. It is definitely the wave of the future and will be interesting to see how many more features/services the developers will integrate into Emu.
What Do I Think of the Emu App?
I think it is a good idea, especially putting a stop to texting and driving. It did receive many good online reviews. It averages 4 out of 5 stars.
How Can You Get the Emu App?
Just go to their website or the Apple App Store. Enjoy!
- Useful IFTTT Recipes for People Who Work From Home
- The Confide App–Getting Your Privacy Back Under Control
- The Povio App–Selfies for the Self-Conscious
- Easy Cash Each Month – Get Paid to Text, Flirt and Talk!
- Is CashTexts.com a Scam?
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada