Enjoy a Chat Job at MyLivePro
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Do you prefer text chatting versus over-the-phone interactions?
Do you have excellent written communication skills?
Well, then becoming a chat agent at MyLivePro.com might be the work-at-home job for you.
What Exactly is MyLivePro?
MyLivePro is an online chat service offering five different chat plans to website owners. We have all been online at one time or another reading a website or blog and a chat box popped up asking us if we needed assistance. Hence, this would be your work-at-home job as a chat agent should you be selected.
MyLivePro prides itself on offering a flexible, part-time schedule in a fun yet cutting-edge industry. They also mention the thoroughness of their training on their website.
What Are the Basic Requirements for Working at MyLivePro?
While MyLivePro does have legal requirements in compliance with state and federal laws, they are also looking for a variety of soft skills as well. To work there, you:
- must be over 18 years old.
- legally permitted to work in the US.
- reside in the continental US (not Alaska or Hawaii).
- be able to pass a background check.
- be reliable and flexible.
- must be current with paying your taxes.
- must be detail-oriented and offer superior customer service.
- should possess good self-management and motivational skills.
- have the ability to use common sense and make on-the-spot decisions.
- must have an understanding of general business operations and resources.
What Special Skills Do You Need?
Previous call center experience or chat experience is a plus, but not necessary. You will need to be able to:
- answer and respond to text chats from live website visitors.
- promptly research and resolve visitor requests.
- project a professional company image while engaging in text chat.
- provide website visitors with client’s products and service information.
- promote clients’ products and services via chat dialogue.
- categorize and assign chat sessions.
- recommend improvements in procedures or job.
- research things thoroughly.
What Are the Computer/Home Office Requirements?
Outside of having an updated computer with high-speed Internet with anti-virus and anti-malware protection, you will need:
- professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to type 30 wpm.
- DSL or Cable Modem connection to the Internet.
- a PC monitor capable of displaying at least 1024 X 768 pixels.
- a sound card installed with speakers or headphones.
- a PC based workstation with 2 GB memory, the ability to run Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 or higher, and the latest edition of Firefox.
What Are the Hours and Pay?
While the hours are not 24/7, some clients do have extended hours. So sometimes you can work up until 9 p.m. EST. The pay really varies based on experience. However, most agents that I have talked to did say that it was commensurate with what other chat-type jobs pay, which is $8 to $15 an hour.
Are You an Independent Contractor or an Employee at MyLivePro?
You are a part-time employee at MyLivePro. Because you are part-time, you will not have a full benefits package as a full-time employee would have. From what I am finding out, there are paid vacation days available, but not much else.
What is My Overall Impression?
It looks like a great company to work for as a chat agent. The time I spent on their website and the interaction that I had with their chat agents was an exceptional experience in customer service.
Pros and Cons MyLivePro
Pros of MyLivePro
1. Improved Customer Service: MyLivePro, like many live chat solutions, allows businesses to respond to customer queries in real time. This can significantly improve customer satisfaction and increase customer loyalty.
2. Lead Generation: Live chat solutions can often contribute to increased sales. The immediate interaction allows businesses to capture leads and convert them into sales effectively.
3. 24/7 Availability: MyLivePro, if operated round the clock, can provide businesses with a 24/7 presence, enabling them to interact with customers outside traditional business hours.
4. Multitasking Capabilities: Live chat enables customer service representatives to handle multiple queries at once, something not usually possible with phone support.
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Cons of MyLivePro
1. Limited Personal Interaction: While live chat solutions can offer real-time responses, they can lack the personal touch that face-to-face or voice interactions can provide.
2. Technical Issues: Like any other online platform, MyLivePro may encounter technical glitches or downtime that could impact the business.
3. Training Requirements: Staff may need training to use the platform effectively. This can add to the cost and time investment for the business.
4. Dependence on Internet Connection: The effectiveness of a live chat solution like MyLivePro is directly tied to the quality of the Internet connection on both ends. A poor connection could lead to subpar customer service.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to MyLivePro?
Go to their website and apply. You should see a message under Upcoming Opportunities if there are any openings.
Good luck to all those who apply.
- Become a Chat Agent at Take2Telecom
- Become a Chat Agent at Site5
- Become a Chat/Email Agent at Paperless Pipeline
- Chat Based Sales at Talk2Rep
- MarketLinc- Work at Home Job Review
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!