While doing my daily run-through and checking online for home based job leads for the new job board located at WAHJobLeads.com, I ran across a highly intriguing company. Fancy Hands has recently advertised on Craigslist that they are hiring Virtual Assistants to complete tasks for their hundreds of clients. The types of tasks they listed included calling and canceling a client’s cable service, setting up doctor appointments and other general errands that many people would rather pay someone else to do!
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now Free $5
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
What is FancyHands.com?
Fancy Hands is new to me and so I decided to do a little online digging. I came back empty-handed. Fancy Hands seems to be an up and coming service. While there is nothing screaming out to me ‘Caution’, I have witnessed many companies take-off way too fast and end up going down-hill. However, I have a feeling Fancy Hands has their stuff under-control. When new online companies take advantage of the hypothetical runway and use it fully before trying to take flight- they usually succeed. Unfortunately, many companies get too excited and bounce down the runway making a crash landing and an awful mess. Knowing this, I remain cautious and choose not to rely on work found at companies who have not been fully established.
What type of service does Fancy Hands offer?
Fancy Hands is a company that busy people (with a little extra cash) can turn to for help getting their basic errands completed for them. In some ways they remind me of Question/Answer companies like ChaCha in that some people may just need someone to do a little online research for them and let them know when the big game is coming on. However, Fancy Hands allows them to take it a step further and allows for personalization. Clients of Fancy Hands can request a virtual assistant to call and reserve a table at a specific restaurant or any other variety of tasks that can be complete from home either online or on the phone.
Do you have to use the phone at Fancy Hands and what about long distance?
Fancy Hands does list one of the requirements as being able to use your home or cell phone to make long distance calls. Calls are not reimbursed so it is suggested you have an unlimited long distance plan. However, when I filled out the application they asked if I preferred web-based work, phone based work or both. So, hopefully there is a chance you can pass on the phone work and still get to work with Fancy Hands.
How much does Fancy Hands pay?
Each task will have its own rate, depending on a variety of factors. Fancy Hands say things like the time of day, how complicated the task was and how quickly your turn-around time was helps to determine the rate. I am not sure if that means the rate is not given until after it is completed but they say tasks range from $1-5 and go up from there. Fancy Hand’s Craigslist ad proposed the average beginner could earn $50 a day. I would say to not get too excited about that as we don’t know if they will go and hire way too many virtual assistants and cause for a lack of work.
Fancy Hands pays every other week and they say they ‘can’ pay via PayPal which makes me think there may be other payment options as well.
Potential for MORE at Fancy Hands!
One part of the job ad that excited me was the potential to move up within the company! If you can prove yourself then Fancy Hands may just offer you a managerial type position where you can manage other virtual assistants.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
How to Apply!
Read the original Job Ad. I am not sure how long this will be active as they may not need too many more positions filled.
Signing up was easy but you DO need to have a Gmail- email address. While some people became confused and worried they were giving Fancy Hands access to their email account, it is made clear that you are NOT. Sort of like signing in with your Facebook page to many sites, Fancy Hands is using your Gmail or google account to keep their Virtual Assistant Applicants organized.
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 10 – Transitioning into Your Virtual Assistant Practice
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 9 – Financing Your Virtual Assistant Practice
- Virtual Assisting with Ziptask
- Understanding Virtual Assisting- Getting Started
- Virtual Assisting at Time etc
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!