Finding Time to Exercise When Working at Home
Updated on: by Jess Weaver
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
I know I will try to come up with every excuse under the book to not exercise. However, three kids later and thirty pounds later it is time I get my but in gear. I always try exercising and quickly give up, but that is why I started a few different approaches. Working at home is not a way to stay skinny that’s for sure– there are way too many temptations.
Get Some Accountability
A few months ago one of my good friends started asking me to do workouts. We didn’t do the workouts together, but we did hold each other accountable. We both have weight loss goals and it helps so much to have someone to talk to about our struggles.
Get Out of the House
The more I read tips on getting more exercise the more this rings true. Walking your dog or your kids at the park does count as some sort of exercise. Just getting out and stretching, walking, and being a part of mother nature is an excellent way to get exercise while working at home. Always remember that something is better than nothing.
Take Small Strides
I’m not fitness expert. I’m the work at home girl who has been trying to exercise and eat healthy for 3 months and nothing has worked. I’m not into taking diet pills, running a marathon, or giving up everything I’m love. I’m into saying no and stopping when I’m full. I try to say no to pop and ice cream, most days. Taking small strides is important. You can’t run a marathon in one day, so don’t try to become super-fit-work-at-home-woman in one day.
Be Content, Strive for Better
This is so hard for me to accept. I hate going clothes shopping because I’m embarrassed of my size after baby boy #3. My husband always tells me that just because I buy clothing now it doesn’t mean I have to be in it forever. I should be okay with the way I am now because I WILL be a better, fitter, and healthier person as the days go on.
I know this article was supposed to be about finding time to exercise. But it takes a healthy mindset to want to exercise. Getting down on yourself will not help. Follow these tips and you will get there. I love the saying “a year from now you will have wished you started today.” Starting today will give you results, just don’t give up! O and a little tip that I’ve been using: check out the fabulous exercises from Skinny MS. She has workouts for every body type and time limit. Plus it’s free, my kinda workout! 😉
- Top 14 Apps That Pay You to Exercise, Get Fit, and Stay Healthy
- How to Find Your Work at Home Groove
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 8 – Exploring the Myths of Working at Home
- Finding Freelance Work at oDesk
- Ways to Save Time and Stay Organized While Working From Home
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!