As my five-year work at home anniversary comes around, I am blown away by what a journey it has been. I started out as a frantic mother just trying to be home with my kids and God has totally turned it into a self-sustaining business. In honor of my five-year anniversary, I wanted to share my success as a work at home professional, hopefully to encourage you!
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
I’ve faced criticism.
When I first started working from home, I faced nothing but criticism for my writing. Clients would tell me that my writing was horrible and that they could not use me. I faced so much rejection in my first year as a writer. However, I never gave up because I knew that God had a plan and that my writing could only get better and not worse.
I had two more kids!
Not only did I work from home with two kids when I first started, we have also added two more kids to the mix. It’s hard to believe I really work from home with a 7, 5, 3, and 6 month old! I never in my wildest dreams thought this would be my life. Sometimes I love it and other days I hate it, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Work is Ever-Changing
I have done so many different types of work in my five years as a freelance writer. Some weeks I’m totally wondering where my pay check will come from, but God always delivers! In the five years that I have worked from home, I’ve never gone without a paycheck and I’m hoping that doesn’t change. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from working at home, it’s that work is ever changing. You can’t get comfortable and you’ve always got to be ahead of the game.
I own a business.
As a five year freelance writer, I can say I own a business. I don’t just “write” for other people. I’m a work at home professional that people contact to write for them. It’s pretty amazing when you think that other professionals are contacting ME to help them with projects.
I guess the point of writing this blog post is that it’s been five years since I started working from home. If you’re considering it, why not make the leap? It’s hard, you may cry, and you may fail, but in the end you will make it!
I’d love to hear about your work at home journey in the comments. Where did you start and where are you now?
- All Work at Home Jobs are Scams- Work at Home Myths
- What’s In My Inbox Thursdays- Work at Home United
- My 10 Favorite Resources on My Work-at-Home Journey
- My Favorite Work at Home Jobs!
- 24 Work at Home Blogs of 2012
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!