Fiver has been through a lot of great improvements since this post was written. For a more up-to-date look at Fiverr, I suggest you read our updated post.[clear-line]
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
Fiverr is something I have nearly become addicted to. It is an easy to navigate platform for people to advertise their services. Everything listed on Fiverr.com is a flat $5! Just a quick browsing of Fiverr.com will show just how much talent and creativity can be found online. In fact, I have even put some of the services to use myself!
How Can I Make Money Online at Fiverr?
Creating an account is quick and easy, especially if you have a Facebook account. Once you are logged in you can add a service. You can include photos to show examples and profile your skills. If your service requires shipping, you can add the cost of shipping as well. Once you submit, it will be added to Fiverr’s pool of things people are willing to do for five dollars.
What Kind of Things Can I Do on Fiverr?
Oh the possibilities are endless. Whatever your skills, offer to write stories or articles, create a video of yourself doing a trick, offer advice, make something, draw a picture, sing a song…advertise on your forehead… seriously, if you can think of it (and it is family friendly) you can post it! You might just be surprised by the kinds of things that are making a big splash at fiverr!
How Does Fiverr Pay?
Here is the troubling part. Fiverr needs to make their cut (understandable) so they take a dollar off the top. That leaves you with $4. They pay through PayPal, but unfortunately do not soak up PayPal’s fees like most other companies do. Therefore, for a service without shipping you end up with $3.70. So, before adding a service at Fiverr, make sure it something you would be fine doing for $3.70!
How Long Does Fiverr Take to Pay?
Fiverr has a responsibility to ensure that the buyers and sellers are both happy. Therefore, a buyer must pay for the service right away. Fiverr holds onto the funds. Once the project is complete and submitted it takes 14 days before your money is available for deposit to PayPal. This allows plenty of time for the Buyer to make a claim if needed and protects them from being cheated or scammed by the sellers. While this is a deterring fact of selling online, it is a great way to ensure quality and lasting success at fiverr. Returning and happy customers means more business.
My Experience with Fiverr
I have used fiverr both as a seller and a buyer. As many of you faithful readers are well aware, I also handcraft jewelry as a means to make money from home. I offered to make a pair of earrings for $5 plus $2 for shipping. Within the same day of posting, I had a request to make a pair of earrings. Fiverr provided a great way for me and the buyer to communicate and even share pictures of the final product before mailing. Everything went smooth and easy. After the waiting period for my funds to be released, I requested a deposit to PayPal and within minutes I received my money.
As a buyer of Fiverr I really enjoy browsing the site. There are so many fun and exciting services offered that I had a hard time limiting myself to just one! However, I lucked out and found an awesome girl, ‘thequornstar”, offering to create an image of yourself or anyone. Just tell her what you want and she will draw it for you! In fact, she is the artist of the amazing icon in my header! See the girl above behind a computer? That is me (a slightly more flattering version) and she drew it for the cost of only $5! I am blown away by this because I have searched and found many comparable premade images that are priced around $25. So, to receive a personalized image for five bucks- I have found a great bargain! I think I carry the same high those women on TLC’s Extreme Couponing carry! What a deal!!
Anyone interested in turning themselves into a cartoon image should check out what thequornstar has to offer!
Where Do I Get Started!?
- Using Fiverr and Other Micro Job Sites Effectively for Internet Marketing
- Fiverr, Virtual Assisting and Paying off Debt? It’s Round-up 07.27.12!
- Make Extra Money or Start a Freelance Business on Fiverr
- What’s the Best App to Sell Stuff Online? Find Ways to Sell Stuff Fast
- 19 Best Places to Sell Used Items Online (Plus Offline Places to Sell!)
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!
Join e-Poll, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash - paid via PayPal - gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers.
The surveys are aimed at entertainment-related research, covering such things as personal TV watching habits, give feedback on new TV commercials or to review DVDs that are sent to your home.
For USA residents aged 13+. No hidden fees and completely free!