Four Motivational Tips from a Freelancer
Updated on: by Jess Weaver
Written By Jess Weaver:
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Over the past few months I have really dived into freelance writing. It is truly amazing how many words you can generate in one day. The other week I did about 5,000 words in one day and I was so exhausted afterward. I tend to take on a lot of work, even though I know I cannot handle it all. The reason I do this is because work in freelance writing can come and go in a heart beat. I get a majority of my income from Merchant Circle and recently they experienced a very large hiccup, which taught me a few things that I never really considered when working from home.
1.) Always keep back up work on the side because you never know when it will come in handy. Miranda always mentions these websites where you can make extra cash and they come in handy when you least expect it. This statement was so true because my Merchant Circle egg was going nutso. I dived into my workload and even did some 1/2 cent per word writing and very low pay commenting. All of these are small paying jobs that add up at the end of the week and come in handy. Check out places like Slice the Pie and Quicktate for places that you can earn a few extra bucks.
2.) Avoid telling yourself you cannot do something. As a full-time mother and work at home professional I am at a constant battle with myself. I always feel as though I am on a roller-coaster and I’m wondering when it will stop. Most of that rollercoaster is because of me. I worry about petty things and let negativity get me down. We will always have those rough days but try to remind yourself of your motives and you will quickly regain your composure.
3.) Always go for the gold. I have heard a lot of people tell me I cannot do something but each and every day I prove them wrong. I always try to turn a negative into a positive and go for the gold with each situation. If I get a “turn down letter”, I simply apply for five more jobs. If I get a bad audit, I simply look for the next best opportunity. No one is perfect when it comes to working at home. You are only human but humans are capable of a lot.
4.) Redirecting the “I don’t want to work attitude” into an “I feel blessed to work attitude”. This change of attitude is really changing my perspective. Even though I write for a living, sometimes I don’t feel like writing about mundane topics like those I find at Merchant Circle- such as optical tweezers or bookmakers. But I buckle down and do it. Even when we have a lot on our plate we should feel blessed that someone trusts us with their work!
Bottom Line: Take the time to redirect your attitude and you will see a change in your circumstances.
- 4 Clients to Avoid as a Freelancer
- Write Travel Articles for These 5 Companies as a Freelancer
- 6 Tips for Surviving a Micromanager
- 5 Tips for a Successful Career Change
- Finding Work at Freelancer.com
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!