Many companies who utilize online marketing to increase brand visibility and boost sales have seen their websites affected by Google’s algorithm changes in recent years. However, for freelance content writers this represents a huge opportunity. If you are a freelance writer, here are a few ways in which the constant algorithm updates are a positive thing for you when it comes to finding work.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
More Demand for Original Content
One of the main trends that is becoming increasingly obvious following Google’s recent algorithm updates is that original content is more important than ever. This is something that many companies have known for a long time, but now it simply cannot be ignored.
Many e-commerce stores selling products online use the standard descriptions from the manufacturer to describe their products. However, if they want their descriptions to appear in the search engine results pages, they have to make sure that their descriptions are all original. This presents a huge area of opportunity for content writers who can provide them with the original web content that they need.
This is just one example of where original content is more important than ever. Essentially, any company that wants its web pages to show up in the search engines now needs to make sure that it is writing original content, and this is great news for content writers looking for new clients.
More Demand for Better Content
Following the Panda and Penguin Google algorithm updates there is now more demand than ever for high-quality content. Google has made it perfectly clear that it is only going to allow the highest-quality content to make it into its search results pages. This means that content that has been spun and has no real value for the reader will be harder and harder to rank.
Higher-quality content is the sort of content that attracts links from other websites and gets shared across social networks. This is the sort of content that is becoming increasingly important for companies, and writers who can produce this higher-level content will find themselves in great demand.
More Clients Willing to Pay a Premium
Writing high-quality content is so much more specialized than writing spun content or simply copying other articles, and writers who provide such content can charge a premium for their skills. However, whereas clients may have been less willing to pay higher rates for content a few years ago, now they know that if they want to succeed online they have to invest in their web content.
This means that those writers who are capable of providing unique, original, high-quality content are in a great position when it comes to finding clients.
The Future Looks Good for Content Writers
The best thing of all about these algorithm changes is that they are almost certainly only the beginning. Google has made it increasingly clear that it will constantly be tweaking its search engine algorithms to ensure that only the most valuable, relevant, and engaging content appears in the results pages. As a result, writers who are capable of providing such content will never be short of clients.
- Why New Freelance Writers Should Use Content Mills
- How to Start an Online Freelance Writing Career
- 8 Ways to Get Started as a Freelance Writer
- Four Essential Tools for Freelance Writers
- 5 Things to Know About the Freelance Writing World in 2012
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada