Recharge Your Gadget’s Batteries to Save Money
Updated on: by Leisa Good
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Do you ever feel like you are constantly replacing your gadget’s batteries? Are you throwing them out before you even had a chance to use them? Well, you are not alone. Let me tell you how you can save money on the batteries in your laptops, flashlights, cell phones, cordless phones, and e-readers or tablets.
With hurricane season here for parts of the country, it is important to have plenty of batteries on hand. Even without hurricane season, so many of our beloved appliances and tech gadgets run on batteries. The problem for most of us is that we don’t know how long to store or prolong the life of our batteries.
For our alkaline gadget’s batteries, which are the most common household batteries, they should be kept in a cool, dry place. This would include batteries such as AA, AAA, C, D, and many of the ones that you would find in your local drug store. While some people do like to store their unused batteries in the freezer or refrigerator, this only prolongs the life of the alkaline battery about 5%.
However, frozen or cold batteries cannot be used immediately. They must thaw out and be used at room temperature. So this could pose a problem if there was an emergency and those batteries would suddenly be needed for your flashlight or room lantern.
For NiCad gadget’s batteries, which are used in digital cameras, cell phones, and laptops — their life can be prolonged up to 90% by storing the unused ones in the freezer. You would still need to thaw them out before using.
Even the freshest and newest of batteries will soon die out without knowing the best ways to recharge them. Knowing how and when to recharge your gadget’s batteries will definitely prolong the batteries life and save you money.
Cell phones should only be charged from the charger made specifically for your cell phone. While you can use a car charger, it isn’t synced the same as an electrical wall outlet. This will cause strain to your battery, so use it sparingly.
Take cordless phones out of their cradles and let them run down to almost none of their available power before recharging them. Every time you remove the cordless phone from its cradle and put it back, it counts as one full recharge cycle. You can get up to 500 rechargeable cycles from a cordless phone’s battery.
If you don’t use your e-readers or tablets on a regular basis, mark your calendar to recharge once a month. These devices use a rechargeable lithium ion battery which should be charged once a month. If left uncharged for two or three consecutive months, this type of battery drains so low, it cannot be recharged again.
Save Gadget’s Batteries and Save Business Expense!
So, learn to store and recharge your batteries, and both you and your gadgets will be like the Energizer Bunny. Keep going. And going. And going.
- 13 Best Places to Recycle Old Car Batteries for Cash
- 35 Best Online Deal Sites to Save Money (PLUS Helpful Tips)!
- How to Live Rent Free: 12 Legit Ways to Save Money on Rent
- Learn How to Get Free Samples from Target (PLUS How to Save Money!)
- Top 19 Ways to Recycle Empty Ink Cartridges for Cash (and 4 Ways to Save on New Ones!)
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!