There are several companies that hire people to work from home in the travel industry. Companies that have been reviewed previously include World Travel Holdings, American Express, VIP Desk and Working Solutions. Carnival Cruise Lines is another excellent company that offers work from home jobs in the travel industry – this article will provide information on their work from home position, the benefits that are offered, and how to apply.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
First of all, please note, you must live in the location specified in the job listing. It is possibly they hire mainly out of the South Florida area.
What are the responsibilities of the job?
Virtual vacation planners at Carnival Cruise Lines are responsible for maintaining their own database of customers and potential customers, presenting and closing the sale, building rapport with any and all customers, meeting the company’s monthly sales quotas, getting the job done no matter what it takes, maintaining high professional standards and striving for improvement, displaying excellent listening and probing skills, multitasking and managing their time.
How much can I make and how often am I paid?
Their website claims you can make about $40,000 to $50,000 per year. However, people who have interviewed with the company say they pay $8 an hour plus commission to start, but as the commission grows the hourly pay rate goes down to $6.35 per hour. Most travel planners say they make about $1,000 a month, but there are some who claim to make $1,600 per month. Carnival Cruise Lines pays every two weeks by either check or direct deposit.
What qualifications do I need?
To work from Carnival Cruise Lines, you need to have a high school diploma or GED and at least two years of inside or outside field sales experience with a proven sales record.
What skills are required?
You need to know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, be able to solve basic technical or computer problems, and have experience in developing new business and accounts with customer service and sales.
What equipment do I need?
You must have a PC or laptop – I wasn’t able to find out exact requirements, but I’m guessing a PC or laptop purchased within the last few years would be fine. As with most phone jobs, the PC or laptop should be located in a quiet work area. You’ll also need a dedicated phone line and a high speed internet connection. Both your phone and PC should be hardwired, and you’ll want to have anti-virus and malware protection on your computer.
What are the hours of the job?
Virtual travel planners must be available to work Monday through Thursday from 10:50 am to 8 pm Eastern time, and Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern time. You also may need to work weekends occasionally.
Will I be hired as an employee or an independent contractor?
You’re hired as an employee. Employees of Carnival Cruise lines can take advantage of several benefits. These include:
- a comprehensive healthcare program and dental plan
- a 401(k) plan that’s effective from your first day of eligible employment
- a profit sharing contribution in second year of eligible employment
- a tuition reimbursement program of up to 75% off tuition costs for career development
- membership to the Space Coast Credit Union
- employee stock purchase plan to purchase Carnival stock at a discount
- paid time off, sick time, and paid holidays
- company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage
- two complimentary Fun Ship cruises a year (based on available space and seniority)
- discounted rates to friends and family as well as to local and neighborhood vendors.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
This sounds great! How do I apply?
Go to http://jobs.carnival.com/florida/call-center-jobs and take the assessment located at the bottom of the page. If pass that, you’ll be notified to complete the next step.
- Get Paid to Walk: 37 Apps and Ideas to Get Paid to Move
- The Best Way to Get Babysitting Jobs and Get Paid What You’re Worth
- How To Get Paid to Tweet, Pin and Instagram!
- Pure Content- Get Paid to Write
- Top 5 Simple Ways to Learn How to Get Paid to Review Movies
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!