Getting Your “WAHA Mojo” Back After the Holidays
Updated on: by Leisa Good
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Let’s see. First, there was Thanksgiving. That took a few days to get going again after it was over. Then came Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa. Then came New Year’s. Now, just as you’re getting back into your regular work-at-home routine–another holiday called Valentine’s Day is rumored to be heading your way! What’s a work-at-homer (WAHer) to do to regain structure, focus, self-discipline, motivation, and income?
For the purpose of this blog post, mojo can be defined as “desire, drive or passion.” So when lost, it can create boredom and procrastination or anything else that you would consider its opposite.
Well, there are three ways to once more regain your mojo when it comes to your WAH business:
- “Change your view”. Dr. Wayne Dyer, author of Change Your Thoughts–Change Your Life, often touts this. Sometimes just having a different perspective of what you are trying to achieve is helpful. For example, you aren’t spending money on new software but reinvesting in your home business’ resources. Even a different physical location or room of the house can help you regain your mojo. Nothing like grabbing your laptop and heading to Starbucks!
- Stimulate your brain. Swiss researchers have always believed that activities such as sketching or coloring stimulate the brain. It has something to do with the repetitive motions made by the pen, pencil or crayon. For you moms and dads, you can use the sketching and coloring as a way to work in quality time with your children.
- Introduce new therapies into your business. Introduce aroma therapy with different scents into your home office or try music therapy with the sounds of the ocean in the background. Sometimes just having your senses rekindled will spark creativity or drive.
Now as far as income goes, you can’t really make up the time, but going forward you can have ways to create passive income. Items such as e-books with the Kindle version for sale or affiliate sites/blogs can bring in passive income or royalties. These and others can also help you leverage your income when you are unable to work or chose not to work. Remember how nice paid days off and vacations were when you worked a B&M job?
One thing is for certain, holidays and time off with the family will come and go. And sometimes, yes, you will lose your work-at-home mojo.
However, the fun thing is that your mojo can be rekindled or rediscovered in new and interesting ways.
So, rediscover your mojo and let your work-at-home life once more be fueled with desire, drive, and passion. The keyword here is mojo! Just in time for the next holiday!
- The Confide App–Getting Your Privacy Back Under Control
- Internet Brands- Back from the Dead?
- Merry Christmas from the WAHA Gang!
- My Five Fave Ways to Earn Money Using the Internet
- Surviving the Famine: Freelance Budgeting at Its Finest
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!