1. When you are looking for a work at home job, make sure you are actually looking.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
2. Don’t waste someone’s time asking them for help, but then you never pursue any opportunities.
3. Please do not message me 50 times a day about working at home and then sign up for the first opportunity that costs you a ton of money.
4. Put your family first.
5. Don’t panic.
6. Never put all of your time, effort and energy into one client or one opportunity.
7. Never stop looking for the next best thing.
8. Always treat people with respect.
9. Never treat your work at home mentor like a piece of poo because who else is going to wipe up your work a home mess
10. If you are new to working at home, please do not assume you are going to make 1000 dollars a week at the start.
11. Do not put others down for their work at home choice. To each his or her own when it comes to supporting their families.
12. Do not steal ideas from other people without giving them proper credit.
13. Please give credit when you use a photo or words from an article.
14. Do not get mad at someone if they do not respond to you right away (employer, client or even another work at home mom).
15. Approach new work at home opportunities with caution.
16. Do research things yourself BEFORE you start asking questions.
17. Jump in with both feet; don’t try to work at home 1 hour a week and then come running back to us saying “working at home is a scam.”
18. Do not add me on Facebook just to bother me with questions that you are too lazy to look for and answer yourself.
19. Do remember that we all have families and we may not be available to talk 24/7.
20. Stay organized so that you aren’t scrambling around to get all of your work done.
21. Don’t be afraid to branch out and try new things.
22. Do not assume that only moms work from home.
23. Do not think for one minute that you won’t meet some of the most amazing people in the world while working at home.
24. Please take the time to learn from each other because everyone brings something unique to the work at home table.
25. Finally, do not for a second think that you have less worth because you decide to be self employed and pursue a work at home career.
If you could give one piece of advice to someone about working at home, what would it be?
- Things to Consider When Deciding to Work From Home
- Mentoring Others to Work from Home
- Are You an Overachiever or an Underachiever in Your Work-at-Home Life?
- Blogging 101- April 2nd
- 24 Work at Home Blogs of 2012
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada