Renowned Swagbucks delivers what you need: More rewards, more money! Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn Extra Cash. 100% free to join!
On to day 6 of the Blogging 101 Series- Adding your Purchased Domain name to your blogspot (blogger) account. In total we will have 30 days worth of posts that will walk you through creating a blog on both Blogger and WordPress (You Choose). Once all 30 posts have been published we can all meet together online and discuss/ask any questions.
Today I will give you basic instructions to setting up your domain name. If you bought a GoDaddy Domain Name as I suggested in a previous blog post then you need to connect it to your blogger account and begin using it!
Log Into your Blogger Account
- Click on the Blog Name to access your Dashboard.
- Choose the Settings Tab in the left column of options
- Look for the Blog Address Section for the link titled “Add a Custom Domain” written in blue text
- Switch to the Additional Setting Link because you have already bought a Domain from GoDaddy
- Click on the “Settings Instructions” link in blue
- Select the “Host my Blog on a URL that I already own” radio button
- Mark that YES your URL is hosted on GoDaddy
I will let Blogger take it from here…
Follow the Tutorial that will show you the steps to Redirecting your GoDaddy URL to Blogspot!
- How to Buy Your Own Domain Name
- Blogging 101- Hosting Setup and Installing WordPress
- Starting your Blogger Blog in 5 Simple Steps!
- How to Choose a Blog Domain Name- Blogging 101
- Track Traffic with Google Analytics- Blogging 101
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!