- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
Hello, I am a 28 year old stay at home mother of three wonderful children: Mariah age 8, Catlin 6 and Aron 4. I have also been married to my wonderful and supportive husband, Travis, for almost nine years. I started making Jewelry about six years ago when my first daughter was very young.
Making jewelry gives me a creative outlet, and is actually a great way to relieve stress for me (A momma of three kids needs to relieve some stress!)
I love a good cup of coffee and anything sweet!
Through the years I’ve dabbled in a many different crafty endeavors from painting to sewing as well as making crafts out of things in nature and everywhere in between. It wasn’t until I started beading that I found something that I loved doing and would stick with. I love working with natural gemstone Beads and Chain (my favorites).
I find so much joy in making my jewelry as well as wearing it!
Can you tell us about the business you started?
Buttermilk Sky Designs is my business. I make handcrafted jewelry! We make everything from necklaces to earrings, bracelets, rings, and everything in between. We also do custom orders. A customer can tell us what they want and we will do our best to match! We strive to make high quality jewelry but at a price that anyone can afford. My motto: I won’t charge a price that I won’t pay!
What gave you the idea to start a jewelry making business?
My older sister and mother were making jewelry and I asked them to show me! After making a few pieces I was hooked! I started making so much stuff that I had to start selling it just to keep up the habit!
What are some obstacles you face with your web-based business?
Just getting our name out there! Understanding marketing techniques and the best way to use them is a craft in its own. Running a business means I have to be crafty for my product, networking and marketing pro, photographer, writer and accountant! It takes so much more than just making jewelry. But I learn by watching other people, reading tips online and just pain old trial and error.
It also has been difficult gaining peoples trust. When all they can see are pictures of your jewelry without being able to handle it, they do not know just how much quality it may or may not have. Plus, with all the scams online, many people are simply not comfortable purchasing online. We do what we can to make our customers comfortable. We offer a very good return policy and answer any and all questions as quickly as possible. Most of our customers are return customers because of this.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
What kind of advice would you give to someone thinking of their own web-based business?
Just do it! But keep in mind that it is not easy. So, be ready to work your tail off! Just when you think you can’t do it anymore something or someone comes along and brightens your day and makes it all worth while!
- Q/A: How to Market My Virtual Assistant Business
- The 24 Best Websites to Sell Handmade Jewelry, Plus 5 Bonus Tips!
- Top 8 Ways to Get Cash for Gold by Selling Unwanted Jewelry
- How to Make Good Money Making and Selling Homemade Candles
- 5 Reasons Why a Blog Might Be Better Than Facebook to Market Your Business
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!