- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- e-Poll: Take entertainment-related surveys and arn cash - paid via PayPal and gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers. Join e-Poll Now
“How Many Hours Do You Work from Home?”
This is a question I get a lot, and even more so over the last couple of weeks. As most people seem to understand, there is as much variety in work at home jobs as there are in Brick and Mortar building jobs.
From nurses working from home over the phone to Bank Reps to Freelance Writers to Transcription- the list really can go on and on. As our society evolves with the rush of technology our dependency on the internet is increasing. More and more companies are finding it is more economical and practical to allow their employees to work remotely.
So this question at first seems impossible to answer. Everyone has different experiences and there are far too many variable to try to cover all the scenarios.
However, I think I understand that most of the people asking are wanting a general idea. The work at home world seems so mysterious to people at first and people like to know what to expect before spending a lot of time pursuing things. So, I did my best to cover this topic in three different emails yesterday and figured I better cover it here as well!
Working an Hourly Job Versus Working a Task-Based Job Versus Being a Freelancer Working for Private Clients
These are the three main scenarios that come to mind. Each of these types will provide a different experience.
Working an Hourly Job-
Working jobs that pay by the hour offers an obvious expectation of how many hours you work to make your income goal.
Working Leapforce is a job I have that pays hourly. I love having this optional hourly wage in case I HAVE to make a certain amount, this helps me be sure I make my goal (hoping there is enough work to grab the hours I need).
Working Task Based Jobs-
Notice I made this one plural (jobS). This is because most jobs that pay you based on the work you have completed, usually cannot keep you busy steadily. Therefore many people work for multiple companies and work as many tasks as it takes to make their income goal.
I have done work for companies like Fancy Hands and Textbroker to make my personal income goal. For example, if my goal were $250 a week, the hours I spent working would vary. Every task pay differently. My speed to complete a task varies. And so on. But if I were to estimate an average. Working this type of job would probably take me around 30 hours of work a week. However, if I were to have stuck with this job type longer, I would be able to make that much with less time as my speed would surely have gone up!
Freelancer Working for Private Clients
This job type allows you to have more control over your income. If you have a service, such as content writing or web design, that you can offer with proven skills, then you can control how much you make per contract. If you know your goal is $250 a week and you know you are worth $25 an hour, then you can do your best to find clients who have work that will pay you that rate. Seems hard to do at first, but once you become established and can offer top quality work, people are willing to pay. Not everyone is out to find the cheapest labor possible. Many people want a good deal but they want QUALITY more than they want to save a buck.
Easy Extra Cash! Join PointClub and get access to the best paid online survey opportunities. Take Online Surveys, Make Money, It's That Easy! No hidden fees and completely free!
I am new to this job type. But I love it!
Because I am new and I don’t have substantial experience to show for myself, nor do I have a degree in the field I am working in- I keep my rates low. This keeps me busy and allows me to make sure my clients feel like they have found a really good deal, increasing future work and spreading news of my service via word of mouth.
But I work ALL THE TIME. I cannot even tell you the hours I work because I find myself working more than not! I sit with my 2 year old on my lap- letting her color and draw in front of me while I work. I sit on my smartphone responding to emails while waiting for my older daughter to get out of preschool. I am on and off the computer all day long. Then, when my girls go to bed. I sit at the computer the rest of the night until about 1 am, sometimes later- working.
However, I control all of this. I can decide to not work today. I control when I tell clients their work will be finished. I control what projects I accept.
As I grow and I have plenty of experience under my belt, my prices will definitely be going up. The time it takes me to complete a project will go faster. I will be able to do LESS work for MORE money. I know the potential I have. I know the potential my chosen field has. But right now I am building it and making a future career that will forever fit my lifestyle. This is not a temporary thing until something else changes or my kids are in school. This is part of my future.
I hope this response helps answer some very broad questions, or at least give a bit of insight to the TRUE life behind us Work at Home Adventurers!
- How Resourceful Do You Have to Be to Work at Home?
- Homeschooling While You Work from Home: What You Really Need to Know
- How to Find Your Work at Home Groove
- What to Wear When You Work at Home
- How to Save for Retirement When You Work from Home
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!