As many of you who follow closely know, I had lost my job with a company called Demand Media. The pay was excellent and the flexibility was exactly what I needed. As you can see in the popular post I wrote just hours after finding out I was given the boot and lost my $30/an hour job that I finally came around and began to see things in a positive light. If I had not lost my job at Demand Media, I never would have chosen to go ahead and pursue my passion- web design.
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
I can proudly say I did follow through with it and I am now working actively helping people with their logos, creating graphics and setting up their blogs. I am also helping others maintain their blogs when they run into issues. I am happier than ever! I sometimes feel like I am not allowed to charge for the work I do because its not really work to me, it’s play time! I love my job!
However, it has not been easy, I did not have ANY experience aside from doing things on my own blogs. I had no education in the field of web or graphic design.
I did have a really cool computer software program. But I had no clue how to use it. There are books heavier than my 2 year old on how to get started with the program. Anyone getting a certificate or degree in graphic design will spend a lot of money taking multiple classes just to learn the software program I had. I did not have that benefit, but I have made it work.
My goal is that by the time my two young girls, Sara (5) and Olivia (2) are in elementary school, I can turn this part-time passion of mine into a full-time career that I can depend on for a regular income. Wish me luck!
Want to know how I made it work? In fact, anyone who is interested in this type of work or even as a hobby should read the guest post I wrote over at Nerd-Jobs.com. I explain step by step the process it takes to break into the field of graphic design without any experience, education or expensive software.
Check out the post- 5 Steps to Becoming a Logo Designer with No Experience- by clicking on the fancy button I made>> 🙂 I just wanted an excuse to use the button!
- 5 Places to Get Started as a Graphic Design Artist
- How to Know if You’re Qualified to Work from Home for a Certain Company
- How My WAH Job Turned into an Unexpected Career
- Q/A: How to Market My Virtual Assistant Business
- How to Start an Online Freelance Writing Career
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!